Financial Analyst, Sr-FP&A
Company: Senior Care Action Network Foundation
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: February 22, 2021
As one of the nation's largest not-for-profit Medicare Advantage
plans, serving more than 200,000 members in California, SCAN Health
Plan has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping
seniors healthy and independent for over 40 years. SCAN employees
are passionate about what they do, and understand that success is
based on achieving the mission. Employees are afforded with the
training and tools necessary to do their jobs and are rewarded for
their efforts and recognized as experts in their fields. To learn
more, visit scanhealthplan.com or follow us on social media:
LinkedIn ; Facebook ; and Twitter . The Opportunity Utilizes strong
technical capabilities in MS Excel, MS Access and SQL to assist the
FP&A team in performing an array of duties including, but not
limited to: Analyzing and improving Reporting and Analytics. You
- Mines, collects, and analyzes relevant data to support the
corporate budgeting and forecasting processes using SQL, Access and
other database tools
- Conducts ongoing and complex analysis required to achieve the
- Works closely with HealthCare Informatics group and Actuarial
team to translate Risk Adjusted scores into monthly financial
- Provides support and guidance to the Provider P&L
- Reports on network profitability projections
- Provides back-up support to the team utilizing Cognos
- Provides guidance and support to other analysts, as needed.
Serves as a resource and assists with escalated issues.
- Communicates results and findings proactively and
professionally to both FP&A and external teams.
- Proactively identifies process improvement opportunities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, participating in professional
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed. Requirements Your Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management
Information Systems (MIS), or other related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Corporate Finance.
- Health care (preferably in an HMO setting)--experience strongly
- Advance knowledge of financial modeling skill in Excel and
- Strong Excel and Access skills required. Experience with
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver presentations to small groups.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple
responsibilities and work independently with minimal amount of
- Proficient in MS Office. What's in it for you?--
- A competitive compensation and benefits program--
- An annual employee bonus program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Excellent 403(b) Saving Plan, providing up to 4% match and
vesting after three years
- Casual attire
- A work-life balance and much more! We're always looking for
talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply now! Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Senior Care Action Network Foundation, Long Beach , Financial Analyst, Sr-FP&A, Accounting, Auditing , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!