Company: Yusen Logistics
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Division Controller reports to the CFO with matrix reporting to
SVP, Contract Logistics Division. This position has functional
responsibility over the Division's accounting, budget, billing,
forecast, accounts receivables and accounts payables. The Division
Controller is accountable for the accounting and finance operations
of the Contract Logistics Division, to include the production of
financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting
records, and the enforcement of a comprehensive set of controls
designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Business
unit's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results
comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible to ensure the adherence to Corporate Financial
controls and Procedures
- Preparation of Divisional monthly financial statements.
- Coordination of the development of the Division's annual
budgets and quarterly financial forecasts.
- Cost Control efforts to be directed at minimizing Divisional
costs such as Overhead (DOH) expenses, operating expenses etc...
through timely reporting of such expenses throughout the region and
the review these reports with divisional and corporate
- Develop and coordinate the financial divisional financial
analysis activity in conjunction with the corporate financial
- Develop, review and monitor the divisions capital investment
projects to be presented to the Investment Committee and if
approved executed by the Division.
- Assist in the coordination of the company's internal and JSOX
- Assist with the design and execution of remediation efforts for
- Lead P&L month end analysis to support Operations and CLG
SVP with on-time feedback and reviews
- Credit Management: oversee the division's credit review and
request process by coordinating the effort of division personnel
and working directly with the Corporate Credit Department focusing
on securing credit for customers while minimizing risk/exposure to
- Billing : Lead a team of support employees to facilitate
administrative billing processes.
- Lead the 's collection efforts for the Division in coordination
with the corporate collection department.
- Lead PO management process
- All other projects deemed appropriate by the SVP/CFO and or the
- BA in Accounting; prefer advanced degree MBA, CPA a plus.
- 7 - 10 years of senior financial management and supervisory
experience, in the Logistics/Transportation/Supply Chain
- ERP knowledge (SAP, ORACLE, preferably JDE)
- Proficient with Excel
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Deadline and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong
presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed knowledge of general accounting procedures and
- Accuracy and precision in mathematical functions.
- Advanced knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Ability to gather and interpret data, compile information and
- Ability to verify data input and to identify and correct
- Ability to impart and manage confidential information.
- Ability to create and maintain records and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet
deadlines, per to be determined schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with
other departments and teams including Operations, Business
Development, HR and IT .
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates and recommends alternative solutions for process
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and
ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with YLA Core Competencies:
Problem Solving & Decision Making, Accountability & Responsibility,
Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, and Customer Focus. The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more. Any
and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics
products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated
Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services,
along with transportation solutions all while providing complete
and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit
our website at www.yusen-logistics.com
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship
status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and
gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected
status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's
employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting,
hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training,
leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Long Beach , Division Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!