Senior Design Engineer
Company: Rubbercraft, part of Integrated Polymer Solutions
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 20, 2022
About Us: The IPS portfolio of market-leading brands provides
world-class advanced materials from eight facilities across the US
and the UK. Our primary business streams include engineered
elastomers, signature materials and biomedical solutions. Led by
experienced executives, each brand serves specific needs, but all
share a culture of superior execution and customer service. We have
market-leading positions in critical and challenging market sectors
that help enable the future with innovative, safe, and sustainable
solutions. We collaborate with our customers to meet the future
demands of a rapidly evolving world by providing best-in-class
solutions.Job Overview:This position leads the preparation and
execution of Engineering work related to product development
efforts including the generation of detailed compliance matrices,
initial tooling and fixture concepts for quotation purposes, and
procedures and reports for qualifying products. The Senior Engineer
also ensures the adherence to all agreed-to requirements throughout
the development process. This person provides technical guidance to
more junior Engineering staff, trouble-shoots problems, and
conducts complex engineering modeling and calculations including
FEA and MTBF analysis. The position also reviews Engineering
drawings to GD&T standards, conducts Root Cause Analysis and
generates FMEA analysis. The position requires direct customer
interactions to support reviews and other interactions at
Rubbercraft or customer locations. He/she will discuss and resolve
technical issues with customers in addition to cross-functional
internal coordination with Contracts, Program Management, Finance,
Estimating, Supply Chain, and other functions. As Our Senior Design
Engineer, You Will:
- Review SOWs and develop initial tooling and fixture concepts,
generate compliance matrices, assist Estimating, and provide task
duration and resource estimates input to Program Management.
- Guide material selection efforts.
- Perform engineering calculations and modeling including FEA
analysis, MTBF calculations, and FMEA.
- Develop and design tooling, fixtures, seals, and gaskets.
- Generates test plans and oversee internal and external testing
including hands-on testing.
- Interpret, create, review, and revise drawings that meet
GD&T best practice.
- Generate impact analyses related to external and internal
design or requirement changes.
- Lead configuration management processes.
- Support junior Engineers.
- Interact with Program Management, Supply Chain, and other
functions as needed.
- Generate compliance matrices and tractability including
- Support customer meetings including reviews such as PDR,
- Generates technical presentations and documents including QTPs,
ATPs, QTRs, qualification by analysis reports etc.
- Participate in lean events.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR.Education and/or Experience Required:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering
- Some knowledge or directly related work experience in designing
various types of rubber parts
- Understanding of Aerospace requirements
- 10+ years Aerospace Engineering or Manufacturing experience
- Excellent Organizational and Analytical Skills
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work with others
- Experience in performing FEAs and FMEAs
- Engineering calculations and design
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Proficient CAD skills, Solidworks preferredLocation: Long
Beach, CA. Close to the Long Beach Airport. This position requires
use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants
must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.IPS recruits,
employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran
status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.At
IPS, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of
talented people want to come and do their best work. We pride
ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions to our customers
around the world; our company runs on the hard work and dedication
of our passionate and creative employees.IPS' dedication to
promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly
reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a commitment
at IPS-it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on
equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other
fascinating characteristics that make us different.We maintain a
policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all
qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national
origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran's
status, or other legally protected classification in the state or
locality in which a person is employed.
Keywords: Rubbercraft, part of Integrated Polymer Solutions, Long Beach , Senior Design Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!