Company: Long Beach Memorial Medical Group
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Position Summary Provide senior financial oversight and
direction to the Medical Centers through maintenance of internal
controls and reporting systems which provide accurate and timely
financial information to management for decision making. In
conjunction with leadership team, actively participate in strategic
direction of facilities through incorporation of market analysis,
managed care initiatives, and trends in healthcare to allow for
successful attainment of mission and fulfillment of vision.
Implements and ensures compliance with MHS system wide financial
standards, policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Strategic
- Facilitates campus strategic planning using MHS and campus
financial plan, key managed care information/initiatives, decision
support analyses and updates in government reimbursement.
- Assists with design and direction of system wide standard
- Directs use of standard reports to facilitate campus
operational improvement and decision making.
- Develops and designs fiscal objectives for campus in harmony
with MHS fiscal objectives.
- Attracts, develops and retains strong customer focused
management team for all areas within Finance Division.
- Develops ongoing expansion of information technology within the
finance function, including automation. Operations :
- In concert with system patient financial services functions,
through management of business functions of hospital, including
patient registration, and medical records, ensure adequate
performance and compliance in revenue cycle to maximize cash flow
- In concert with system Materials management services and
through management of hospital materials management, ensure key
controls and reporting are in place that ensure efficient
utilization of resources, while maintaining commitment to service
delivery for operations.
- Through management of Accounting/finance department and in
concert with MHS finance, and MHS Reimbursement, maintain internal
controls that allow for accurate and timely reporting of financial
results of hospital and foundation in an efficient and
- Leads and directs the hospital based Care Coordination and Case
- Leads and directs development and preparation of campus 5 year
operating and 10 year capital financial plans and annual operating
and capital budgets.
- Provides and effectively communicates regular reports to LBMMC
Finance Committee and Board of Directors summarizing financial
performance, strategy, budgets and other initiatives.
- Keeps supervisor informed of significant problems that
jeopardize the achievement of objectives. Education/Licensure:
- Bachelors degree in Health Administration, Finance, Accounting
or related field
- MBA, CPA, or equivalent experience preferred Experience:
- 7 years prior financial management experience and demonstrated
success in financial operations in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated experience in effective problem solving and uses
good judgment and demonstrates sound analytical skills
- Proven ability to manage and motivate an effective team and
staff at all levels
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and perform effectively in the
midst of changing priorities
- In depth knowledge of managed care and capitation reimbursement
concepts, understanding of government reimbursement and regulations
including State DSH funding, CCS funding and HQAF.
- Working knowledge of reserve methodologies for contractual
allowances, and actuarial methods for Outside Medical expenses, and
- Understanding of cost accounting methodologies and decision
support analytical tools
- Understanding of business office functions and cash flow
- Understanding of materials management functions
- Understanding of care coordination and case management
- Working knowledge of non-profit accounting and FASB accounting
Keywords: Long Beach Memorial Medical Group, Long Beach , CFO, Accounting, Auditing , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!