Propulsion Engineering Specialist (Space Engines)
Company: Rocket Lab USA
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 16, 2020
WHY ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our
mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There
are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better
access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket
Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we re adding to it every
week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and
everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made
quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
PROPULSION ENGINEERING SPECIALIST (SPACE ENGINES)
The propulsion engineering specialist will provide technical
direction for the redesign of Electron's kick stage Curie engine in
support of the NASA CAPSTONE mission, a mini-space station and
important first step towards NASA's crewed lunar landing program -
Artemis. Candidate must have design and/or test expertise in
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage technical direction of resources to ensure lunar
propulsion meets mission and company requirements.
* Design outputs such as; requirements, schematics, drawings, and
reports to accurately communicate product design intent.
* Test outputs such as; plans, procedures, methodology, data
handling, and reports to accurately communicate product test intent
* Develop technology roadmap and schedules.
* Design specifications for manufacturability and test to ensure
quality and repeatability.
* Deliver hardware end-to-end from development, through acceptance
& qualification tests, to first flight operations.
* Mentor, train, and develop staff.
* Identify and manage technical gaps in resources.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
* 6+ years rocket engine development experience.
* Experience taking a product from concept phase through
prototyping, launch, and operation.
* Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to
technically manage and engage a team.
* Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines in fast-paced target
* A proven background in operations flow is essential.
* Will consider both local and remote candidates as well as
full-time or part-time support.
* Temporary position only.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations,
applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR 120.15)
or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S.
Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with
Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and
qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race,
color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status,
disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally
Keywords: Rocket Lab USA, Long Beach , Propulsion Engineering Specialist (Space Engines), Engineering , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!