Company: NovaSource Power Services
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Job Description: The Operations and Maintenance Technician is
responsible for performing preventative and reactive maintenance,
system commissioning, troubleshooting and generally maintaining our
customers' solar assets. This key position is responsible for
managing time and resources so that O&M customers are serviced
promptly and effectively. Responsibilities include electrical
troubleshooting, module cleaning, adherence to safety procedures,
process improvement and innovation, electronic monitoring set-up. A
strong foundation in electrical installation, solar electrical
systems, and customer service is required. The ideal candidate will
also lead efforts for safe working practices.Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance and other technical services
on commercial PV systems.
- Work with construction departments to commission and maintain
all commercial PV systems.
- Respond to reactive maintenance events- potentially in
- Communicate activities to clients, appropriate personnel,
vendors, and internal staff.
- Collect data and create reports for appropriate company
personnel and customers.
- Create estimate of time and materials to perform corrective
- Maintain O&M vehicle so that it is always clean,
- Maintain company assigned tools, safety gear and other
- Attend training sessions from internal and external resources
(Inverter and monitoring manufacturers, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.Educational, professional and/or other
- Satcon, Xantrex, AE and other central inverter certifications.
- NDT (IR) certification.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun,
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs and work on
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exercises a high level of professionalism and a positive
- Capable of safely lifting 70 lbs.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- 2+ years commercial PV system installation preferred.
- Knowledge of NEC, UBC and other building codes.
- Ability to innovate and improve operations and solve complex
- Thrive in a team environment.
- High integrity, IQ and energy a must!Physical and Labor
- Climb to heights and conduct work with proper safety
- Lift heavy loads up to 70 lbs. and navigate construction job
- Ability to bend, squat and lift.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Operate heavy machinery, including construction vehicles.
- Identify utility lines.
- Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site.
- Perform general maintenance of construction equipment and
vehicles.***Benefits for Full-Time Positions:
- Competitive hourly wages with benefits
- Career path opportunities for top performersJob Type:
Full-timePay: $24.00 - $45.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to Friday
- OvertimeSupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Solar O&M: 2 years (Preferred)
- Commercial Solar Installation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Commercial Electrical: 4 years
- Driver's License (Preferred)Work Location:
- Multiple locationsWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: Multiple Locations
Keywords: NovaSource Power Services, Long Beach , Solar Technician, Engineering , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!