Location: Long Beach
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Position SummaryKey productivity enhancer in a diverse
environment of around 17 manufacturing plants in the US & Mexico at
an acquisition driven company.To be the point of contact for
application, network, hardware, and software projects. To support
the timely process through which system problems are controlled. To
isolate, resolve, and follow-up with end-users to resolve,
infrastructure network of a high level of complexity. To assist
with any off-hour system issues. Be part of a diverse and
distributed IT team. Strong willingness to learn and implement new
technologies and have a continues improvement mindset. Essential
- Be abreast of the latest developments in the technological
arena. Candidates need to comprehend and zero in on the wiring and
hardware requirements for the premises of our organizations.
Responsible for improving or maximizing the network's performance
working with the Network Management vendor.
- Assist in maintaining and administering computer networks and
related computing environments and support special MIS and MES
- Assist and administer and work with the Network Vendor with
planning and implement many projects including a VeloCloud SDWAN
deployment, Palo Alto firewalls a plus, Veeam backup, Global
Protect VPN, and VMWare. Work in a downtime sensitive and often
remote environment upgrading, replacing, and updating
configurations of Cisco, Palo Alto a plus, vCenter systems. Provide
desktop and server support along with support of site IT
- Administer and maintain and support of telephone systems, end
users' technology requirements and cameras systems.
- Interact with internal clients to resolve basic help desk
issues; communicate with internal clients in a professional manner
- Assist in administering and maintaining local server software
- Deployment and management of workstations; hardware and
software setup, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues.
- Maintain updates on software and hardware timeclocks, and VPN
- Perform regular maintenance on servers and network
- Set up and maintain computer stations and software for all
associates. Help answer troubleshooting calls.
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of local server
software applications, will train Microsoft Office, Citrix, IFS,
Mixvision (SQL), and other operating systems used.
- Travel to other HEXPOL locations may be required- 2 days per
week in Long Beach and 2 days per week at the City of Industry
location, 1 day float.
- Perform any other project/task assigned by Management.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field.
Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Four-Ten (4-10) years of IT experience. Experience in
Manufacturing environments, preferred.
- Must be available for 24-hour support.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Document infostructure network with Visio tools.
- Strong computer/systems skills - MS Office
(Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook). Knowledge with Cisco network
infrastructure, VMware, Office 365 strongly preferred.
- Solid organizational and prioritization skills with the ability
to handle multiple tasks, meet tight deadlines, and manage a broad
range of responsibilities.
- High degree of concentration, attention to detail, high energy,
self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Ability to coach and develop associates.
- Ability to interact well with all personality types.
- Strong cooperation, collaboration, and working in a
geographically distribute team.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with an
emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Personal integrity to handle personal and confidential
Keywords: Modis, Long Beach , Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!