Mid-level, Structural Design Engineer
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 13, 2022
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Mechanical Structural
Engineering is seeking a Structural Design Engineer to join the
Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) organization chartered with
improving supplier performance located in St. Louis City, MO;
Ridley Park, PA; Mesa, AZ; and/or Long Beach, CA.
Have you ever wanted to be part of a startup? An environment to
advance your skills? As a founding member of the APQP (Advanced
Product Quality Planning) BDS SCE team, you ll have a
once-in-a-career opportunity to make significant contributions that
shapes a business unit s future competitiveness. As part of the
APQP team, you will proactively identify and mitigate design and
process risks to ensure quality products can be produced. You will
have the opportunity to build collaborative partnerships across
Boeing s Defense, Space, and Security business unit and their
- Provide technical, business, and integration leadership to
projects focused on improving supplier performance.
- Defining product design requirements and process flow to
- Understand the design and manufacturing process to develop the
best overall technical solution.
- Provide support related to diagnosing and resolving
- Support review of processes and procedures through the design
maturity process to ensure delivery of products that meet or exceed
customer requirements and expectations.
- Assist coordination for building statements of work, estimates,
resource plans, and schedules.
- Document work status, issues, concerns, and opportunities.
- Effectively communicate project status to senior
- Works under general direction.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be
required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security
Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study,
in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
- 5+ years of experience in Structural Design Engineering
- 3+ years of experience working with multiple groups, teams or
organizations in a quality / design environment for continuous
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working on a multi-disciplined team with interaction
with suppliers and customers.
- Experience in cross-functional leadership, collaborative
problem solving, building lasting relationships & proficiency in
written and verbal communication
- Experience leading, coaching and developing others
- Experience using analytical, collaboration, communication and
- Experience in customer-facing, or equivalent, experience.
- Experience in design processes and issues
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical
education from an accredited course of study in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor)
and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g.
PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET
accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this
position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at
their own expense.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
This is a non-union position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Long Beach , Mid-level, Structural Design Engineer, Engineering , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!