Company: Cumming LLC
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 20, 2022
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer located in the Long
Beach,CA area to support a large, bond-funded, construction program
within the education sector. This position will support K-12 school
upgrade and modernization projects. We encourage those with prior
experience building educational facilities and those seeking a
challenging role that will give them ample opportunity to engage
and impact the community with their talents to apply.
At Cumming Corporation, you will work on some of the world's most
exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is
measured by the impact you make. We are one of the fastest growing
Project and Cost Management Consultancies in America and are ranked
in the ENR Top 20. With over 50 offices globally, an extremely
diverse project portfolio, and double digit year to year revenue
growth, the opportunities to make your mark are endless!
* Provides technical and engineering support to the client's team
including Project Managers and Construction Managers.
* Coordinates with Architect for timely and accurate responses to
requests for information.
* Responsible for the maintenance and distribution of current
contract plans and specifications.
* Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation,
alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with
job specifications, plans, and Division of the State Architect
* Documents progress of construction, demolition, rehabilitation,
alteration addition or repair projects, logging photographs, daily
project reports and notes as required.
* Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence,
reports, procedures, and guidelines.
* Logs and tracks status of project change order proposals, field
orders, and approved change orders.
* Maintains project files and record drawings.
* Logs and reviews submittals for conformance to plans and
* Assists in coordinating and recording minutes of meetings with
* Assists in review of submittal procedures, RFI's and monthly
* BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction
Management or related field.
* Minimum of 4 years' of experience in a similar or equivalent
position involved in project or construction management of
commercial and/or public or educational facility construction
* Experience supporting K-12 construction projects.
* Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA)
construction/design process preferred.
Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers website!
It takes five minutes to apply to this job and we will provide
feedback within five business days.
Cumming provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Cumming LLC, Long Beach , Project Engineer, Engineering , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!