Company: ABM Industries
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 24, 2022
- Supervise the performance and maintenance of all mechanical,
electrical and craft services, ensuring operation within design
capabilities and achieving proper environmental conditions
prescribed by Building Management.
- Oversee and supervise the efficient operation of the facility
equipment and systems.
- Perform requisite daily communication with Building Management
on matters relating to the services performed.
- Develop operating instructions and procedures for equipment and
- Strive toward a goal of zero down-time in operations by virtue
of reliable system performance.
- Prepare operating budgets relative to the Engineering
- Together with the ABM Engineering Branch Manager, implement and
conduct training programs for operating the facility equipment and
- Establish and maintain periodic operational testing schedules
for critical systems and equipment.
- Administer an effective and accountable preventative
maintenance system tailored to the facility.
- Evaluate all equipment and systems operationally and provide
the customer with a list of deficiency items and recommendations
- Monitor and supervise subcontracted jobs to outside concerns
when it is not practical for them to be performed in-house, or as
may be requested by Building Management.
- Implement and monitor an effective energy conservation and
management program to ensure measures are taken to keep operating
costs at a minimum.
- Possess the requisite licenses and permits required by local
laws and ordinances to operate, repair and maintain the facility
equipment and systems.Responsibilities
- Provides engineering support for a wide range of systems,
maintenance programs, engines as well as operational engineering
- Must be able to understand, analyze and seek solutions to the
design, operation, maintenance, performance or repair of
vehicles/equipment and their components
- Should be able to logically approach problem solving, define a
maintenance program or configuration and ensure a safe and legal
- Review Service Bulletins (SBs) from manufacture or component
- Develops solutions and implementation plans , project
justification, cost/benefit analysis, and overall management of
project implementation and coordinate warranty recovery on SBs that
- Organizes and manages the priorities for assigned
responsibilities and accomplishes the work process to meet all
deliverable for projects as well as maintenance program changes and
technical specification revisions
- Coordinates work with other operational groups to ensure
safety, regulatory compliance, operational reliability and
- B.S Degree in Engineering , related technical field or
- Entry level to 5 years of engineering experience
- Engineering skill sets which can be applied to a range of
systems, maintenance programs and engines
- For service engineering positions, these same technical skills
are applied towards operational issues versus project specific
- Ability to analyze complex technical issues, detailed level of
project management for regulatory compliance modifications
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills neededREQNUMBER:
Keywords: ABM Industries, Long Beach , Chief Engineer, Engineering , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!