Director of Engineering
Company: Westin Long Beach
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Situated across the street from the Long Beach Convention Center
and just two blocks from the beach, the Westin Long Beach has
something to offer both business and leisure travelers alike. This
474-room hotel is also ideal for groups and weddings, with 37,000
square feet of meeting space, 31 suites, and a stunning garden
terrace perfect for "I Dos". And with the Westin's central
location, guests are within walking distance of the Aquarium of the
Pacific and the Catalina Express, and are just two miles from the
The Director of Engineering is responsible for all administrative,
financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they directly
relate to the engineering division. He/she is responsible for the
safe and profitable operation of the hotel.
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service,
Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss Prevention
- Create, approve and post all Engineering staff schedules
according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
- Develop financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly
profit/loss review meetings.
- Develop and implement plans to maintain property, equipment,
grounds and other assets in an acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and
- Create and implement a preventative maintenance program for all
- Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems
are inspected, tested and certified per Highgate Hotel
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact
location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings
to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure
problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Administer all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering
- Support and participate in all Highgate Hotel programs.
- Lead and participate in Highgate Hotel Safety Committee.
- Maintain and enhance the evacuation plan in accordance with hotel
policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular life safety evacuation drills.
- Involvement in the Lobby Ambassador coverage.
- Conduct a minimum of 2 hotel inspections per week.
- Ensure overall associate satisfaction.
Keywords: Westin Long Beach, Long Beach , Director of Engineering, Engineering , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!