Director Business Development
Company: Yusen Logistics
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Overview In this strategic sales solution position, you will drive
revenue and market share by identifying business opportunities,
developing strategies to acquire clients, providing direction and
business development guidance to our sales team as it relates to
our Contract Logistics Group as well as, focus on long-term client
- Drive revenue, market share and margin growth in line with the
business plan and leads business development initiatives that are
consistent with the company's overall strategy.
- Manages the consultative pitch process from beginning to end
including development of custom presentations and proposals
- Customer engagement at the senior levels with key accounts to
develop strategic/integrated partnerships
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies
and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Directs and coordinates activities of department or locations
for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of
goals and objectives. Responsibility for daily operations as it
relates to services provided to account base and potential
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast
data to determine department or division progress toward stated
goals and objectives.
- Consults at executive level to assess achievements and required
changes resulting from current status and conditions
- Develops business forecasts, financial budgets and targets
based on broad corporate goals and growth objectives.
- Ensures that all divisional activities and operations are
carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
and laws governing business operations
- Leads people development arena in staffing, training and
- Stakeholder in marketing strategy and maintains close contact
with major business customers; participates in direct calls on new
and/or existing customers
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume
potential, rates and establishes marketing goals/campaigns to
ensure market share & profitability
- Represents company at industry meetings to promote
- Strong product/service development experience and logistics
- Possesses working knowledge of warehouse operating systems
sufficient to direct efficiency and recommend system
- Leads special projects committees/assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management or
- Five plus years of business development/sales experience within
the Logistics industry, preferably in contract logistics,
warehouse, reverse logistics, transload, transportation, storage,
and/or inventory management.
- Demonstrates self-confidence when presenting to potential
customers and at industry events.
- Solutions oriented with the ability to propose new solutions
and/or resolve customer issues
- Demonstrates capabilities in sales budgeting, forecasting, and
management to revenue, volume, cost and margin objectives.
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written), and
ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and leadership
(internally and externally).
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Power-point and generally
used email program capabilities.
- Ability to drive long distances and/or travel overnight as
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics
products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated
Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services,
along with transportation solutions all while providing complete
and seamless US wide coverage. .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship
status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and
gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected
status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's
employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting,
hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training,
leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Long Beach , Director Business Development, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!