Director of Business and Finance
Company: Young World Physical Education
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: April 6, 2021
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted : March 30, 2021 Enter your email to receive job alerts
when new jobs like this one are posted. My Email Job Description
Position: Director of Business & Finance Location: District
Administration Office Salary: $90,000.00 Depending on
Qualifications and Experience FLSA Status: Exempt Start Date:
5/01/2021 Preferred Reports To: Superintendent Posting Date:
03/30/2021 Application Deadline: 04/10/2021 POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Director of Business & Finance oversees the District accounting
operations, budget preparation and adoption, financial and
personnel reporting, audit processes, food service program,
coordination of benefits, and payroll processing. ESSENTIAL
- Supervise and manage the financial affairs of the
- Implement collaborative structures to facilitate the budgeting
cycle to align resources with District mission.
- Assume responsibility for budget development and long-range
financial planning, including budgetary control.
- Serve as budget officer for the District.
- Produce required adopted and supplemental budget
- Assist with the creation of budgetary matrices within iGrants
and collaborate/monitor expenditures associated with those
- Provide financial information as needed to the grant writing
- Research and implement rules, regulations, technology and
procedures governing school business and finance to improve
- Review and develop sound internal controls to protect district
- Provide leadership and supervision for the payroll, finance,
accounting, budgeting, fixed assets, food services, records
management and auditing functions of the district.
- Provide technical advice and direction; advise district
personnel on processes for budgeting and interpreting financial
- Create tools and structures, and provide guidance and support,
for decision-makers to assess their spending and make course
adjustment decisions throughout the year.
- Refine how financial data and programmatic impact data is
obtained, coded, maintained, and connected to enable more
- Administer a budget control system for the District including
coordination, processing and controlling the transfer of budgeted
- Prepare and/or supervise the completion of monthly and annual
financial reports and ensure they meet all local, state, and
- Supervise the receipting, safekeeping and expenditure of
- Manage the cash flow analysis, investments, banking services
and short-term borrowing for the District.
- Review compliance with state guidelines to ensure maximum
funding for the District in the areas of Vocational, Special
Education, Transportation, K-3 enhancements, etc.
- Proactively engage in making recommendations to the
Superintendent regarding the Finance departments related to Board
Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain an active role in professional organizations and
activities to keep abreast of educational trends, developments and
- Provide direction, guidance and support to office managers and
program administrators regarding budgeting and accounting
- Perform other related duties as assigned. ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including
conflict resolution and management skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong desire to learn and improve.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn WSIPC Skyward
school management system. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or
related field preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years progressive leadership experience,
including at least three (3) years of experience in a supervisory
capacity, preferably in public education. PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK
ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The work environment is in a setting that
combines standard office equipment (fax, copier, phone, computer,
10-key, etc.) with the standard office setting. The noise level in
the work environment is usually low to moderate and occasionally
high. May be exposed to blood borne pathogens. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or
hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands
for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee may be
required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb
stairs. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15
pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision. The Ocean Beach School
District No. 101 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, creed, religion, veteran or military status,
sexual orientation, including gender expression or identy,
disability, age, or the use of trained dog guide or service animal
in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy
Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following have been
designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination
policies: Civil Rights and Title IX Coordinator - Barbara Patana,
PO Box 778, Long Beach, WA 98631, (360) 642-3739; Section 504/ADA
Coordinator - Amy Huntley, PO Box 778, Long Beach, WA 98631,
(360)642-3739. Note:--This is not necessarily an exhaustive or
all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties,
requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated
with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment
or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of
employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any
aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems
- Position Type: Full-time
- Job Categories : Administrator >
Administrator > Business/Finance
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display
(each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who
may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they
represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions.
Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials
posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the
service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this
section means social security or other government-issued
identification numbers, medical or health information, account
security information, individual financial account information,
credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account
passwords, individual credit and income information or any other
sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Long Beach , Director of Business and Finance, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!