Company: SCAN Health Plan
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 16, 2021
- Long Beach, CA
- Full-timeAbout SCANAs one of the nations largest not-for-profit
Medicare Advantage plans, serving more than 200,000 members in
California, SCAN Health Plan has been a mission-driven organization
dedicated to keeping seniors healthy and independent for over 40
years. SCAN employees are passionate about what they do, and
understand that success is based on achieving the mission.
Employees are afforded with the training and tools necessary to do
their jobs and are rewarded for their efforts and recognized as
experts in their fields. To learn more, visit scanhealthplan.com or
follow us on social media: LinkedIn; Facebook; and Twitter.The
OpportunityThe Payroll Manager is responsible for the direction,
planning and staffing of shared services including payroll,
timekeeping, and reporting. Staying abreast of wage and hour
changes and implementing as needed. This position is also
responsible for exploring options to automate and reduce costs on
company-wide systems and strengthen internal controls.You Will
- Manage and oversee the payroll function, including quarterly
and annual tax returns, W-2s, amendments, prior years
discrepancies, and audits.
- Determine appropriate taxation of all employee earnings and
- Develop and implement workflow and tasks necessary to
accomplish accurate and timely payment to employees.
- Maintain Payroll department structure of responsibilities and
guidelines by reviewing, updating, and implementing polices and
- Review and interpret reports prepared by staff personnel in the
- Responsible for system administration of shared servicesUltiPro
payroll and timekeeping. Ensure accurate operation of all Payroll
systems as the principal contact for SCAN and our existing outside
- Recommend, establish, and implement internal controls to
maintain compliance with company policies and regulatory
- Continually look for opportunities to improve processes and
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations;
planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and
counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing
systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and
training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment;
developing personal growth opportunities.
- Responsible for reconciliation of accrued Paid Time Off (PTO),
benefit and payroll withholding accounts.
- Develops best practices new and review of existing policies and
- Identifies control and/or process inefficiencies and propose
enhancements to the current process striving for continuous
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing and contributing to professional
publications; establishing personal networks; participating in
professional societies.RequirementsYour Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience required.
- 7+ years of experience in multi-state payroll management.
- Strong background (training and experience) in employment tax
law, wage and hour standards, tax return preparation and tax
- Systems experience, including integrated payroll, timekeeping,
and human resource software.
- Demonstrated management experience.
- Ability to provide professional customer service to both
internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic
environment.What"s in it for you?
- A competitive compensation and benefits program
- An annual employee bonus program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Excellent 403(b) Saving Plan, providing up to 4 %%%% match and
vesting after three years
- Casual attire
- A Work - life balance and much more!At SCAN we believe that it
is our business to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a
responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects our
community through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal
pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.SCAN is
proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
workplace. Individuals seeking employee will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender perception or
identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status
or any other status protected by law. A background check is
required.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: SCAN Health Plan, Long Beach , Payroll Manager, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!