Senior Director Nursing Perioperative
Company: St Mary Medical Center - Long Beach
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Founded as a faith-based hospital in 1923 by the Sisters of Charity
of the Incarnate Word, Dignity Health - St. Mary Medical Center is
a 389-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in Long Beach,
California. The hospital offers a full complement of services,
including a Level II trauma center, cardiac and vascular center,
surgical weight loss, maternity and the CARE Center, which is a
recognized PrEP center of excellence. The hospital shares a legacy
of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation's five
largest health care systems. Visit for more information.
Position Summary: Provides expert clinical guidance in a
specialized field and coordinates patient care quality initiatives.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Assesses a healthcare facility's nursing practice and its
impact on patient outcomes. Oversees established patient care
standards and develops and implements quality improvement
- Provides clinical direction to nursing staff in the delivery of
patient care programs. Provides complex, direct patient care, often
in an area of specialty.
- Provides consultative care and guidance to patients, family,
and other members of the clinical staff.
- Conducts research into area of specialty and uses findings to
provide measurable improvements in patient care and clinical
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (e.g. BSN) or equivalent education
and experience and Master's degree in nursing or other-related
field (e.g., MSN/MBA/MHA).
- Minimum of five (5) years of nursing experience and three (3)
years of nurse leadership experience. Licensure:
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice.
Keywords: St Mary Medical Center - Long Beach, Long Beach , Senior Director Nursing Perioperative, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!