Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) - Patient Care Services
Company: MemorialCare Health System
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job Description - Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) - Patient Care
Services (LON008721) Job Description Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) -
Patient Care Services - ( LON008721 ) Description POSITION SUMMARY:
Provides executive leadership for Patient Care Services, selected
contract physicians and is the Chief Nursing Officer for
MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center (LBMC). Accountable at the
strategic level for planning, developing new services, policy
formation, human resource management and organization, financial
performance, patient care services operations, senior medical and
management staff relations, and participation in LBMC strategic
planning as a member of the LBMC senior management team. In
addition, the position is responsible to provide leadership to
clinically transform the healthcare delivery structure to position
the organization to be a leader in an integrated delivery network.
Expertise in program development, clinical standards development,
clinical staff systems and care models, contracting, information
systems, reimbursement, and a broad vision of the future of the
health care industry are essential to this position. REPORTING
RELATIONSHIPS: The Chief Nurse Officer for LBMC reports to the COO
of LBMC. Reporting to the CNO includes: Executive Directors and
Directors. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Strategic:
- Participates with the governing body, management, medical staff
and clinical leaders in the hospital's decision-making structure
and processes. (TJC)
- Leads the development, implementation and continuous
improvement of care delivery models and services that meet or
exceed customer expectations.
- Accountability, authority and responsibility for nursing
service at LBMC.
- Accountable for implementing an effective, ongoing program to
measure, assess, and improve the quality of nursing care,
treatment, and services delivered to patients. (TJC)
- Contributes to the development of the strategic plan for LBMC
hospital to support the system-wide strategic plan of MemorialCare.
Contribute to business plans in conjunction with the Carelines and
Patient Care Service's Vice Presidents/Executive Directors for
areas of responsibility, Vice President of Strategy & Business
Development and COO.
- Project Leadership for MC 21 initiative at LBMC to include
membership Project Steering Committee and chair Clinical
- Leads the development and use of care management systems that
promote evidenced based, clinically effective and efficient care to
the community served.
- Leads a multidisciplinary work force that provides clinically
competent, efficient and compassionate care and services in a
professionally challenging work environment.
- Accountable for the continuous and timely availability of
nursing services to all inpatient and outpatients at LBMC.
- Accountable for the development of the budget for patient care
services and nursing areas (TJC)
- Accountable for establishing nursing policies and procedures,
nursing standards of patient care, treatment and services and
standards of nursing practice (TJC)
- Assumes leadership responsibility for developing the vision and
strategic planning processes that lead to the implementation of
clinically cost effective and efficient systems of care within the
continuum of a health systems; systems that are optimally designed
to improve the overall health and quality of life of the community
- Strategically and creatively develops programs with colleges
and universities to increase available clinical workforce.
- Leads the fiscal oversight of allocated resources in order to
optimize return on investment in a clinical and service
- Accountable to represent the professional discipline of nursing
and act as their spokesperson (TJC)
- Exercises final authority over those associated with providing
nursing care, treatment and services (TJC)
- Design, develop and direct standardized reports and systems to
facilitate the needs of LBMC.
- Create medical director positions by projecting the
requirements of clinical programs for medical direction.
- Formulate strategies for patient placement and level of care
design that support organization's mission and goals and maintain
high quality patient care. Operations:
- The CNO role has the authority, responsibility and
accountability for the nursing service within LBMC (CMS, CDPH and
- Develops organization wide patient care programs, policies, and
procedures that describe how patient's nursing care needs, or the
needs of patient populations receiving nursing care treatment, and
services, are assessed, evaluated and met. (TJC)
- Ensure development of approval for and monitor implementation
of annual budget for all areas for operating efficiency and optimum
quality/level of care/services.
- Participate in LBMC management planning an on-going review of
plan; ensure appropriate emphasis continues to be placed on Patient
- Ensure all areas Policies and Procedures meet LBMC legal,
professional and ethical requirements
- Develop and sustain organization structures, which remain
flexible in growth and diversification, provide opportunities for
advancement and has effective span of control to ensure management
success in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Retain and develop competent key people who contribute
significantly to the growth and development of LBMC. Assure the
availability of sufficient, competent support staff who will:
provide nursing care required by all patients and patient
populations served by the hospital and as defined in the hospital
plan for the provision of nursing care.
- Maintain effective working relationships internally and
externally to ensure both long- and short-range benefits to LBMC
and Patient Care Services.
- Participate in retention of quality medical staff that actively
contributes within agreed upon financial guidelines to progressive
patient care and programs services established by LBMC.
- Monitor the completion of the business plan at least quarterly
and course corrects as necessary. Qualifications MINIMUM POSITION
- BSN required
- Master of Science, Nursing or Master's in health-related field
- Doctoral Degree in Nursing (DNP) preferred
- RN license in California Experience: 10 years progressive
management experience to include executive level in a tertiary
medical center patient care service division; nurse executive,
including CNO experience required; qualified internal candidates
may be considered with no prior CNO experience Knowledge: The CNO
will have in depth knowledge of healthcare issues, acute hospital
regulatory requirements, accreditation issues, service lines
direction, clinical service development, professional nursing
issues, continuous quality improvement capabilities, contract
analysis and negotiation and experience working within a union
environment. Primary Location : United States-California-Long Beach
Job : Management, Administration Organization : Long Beach Memorial
Medical Center Schedule : Full-time Employee Status : Regular Job
Level : VP/Senior Executive Job Posting : Feb 22, 2022, 10:10:35 PM
Work Schedule : 8/80 work shift hours (hospital) Shift : Day Job
Department Name : LMC-861001 - Executive Payroll
Keywords: MemorialCare Health System, Long Beach , Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) - Patient Care Services, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!