Executive Director (Urban Community Outreach)
Company: The Nonprofit Partnership
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Executive Director (Urban Community Outreach) Executive Director
(Urban Community Outreach) Urban Community Outreach (UCO) serves
the needs of unhoused and low-income individuals and families in
Long Beach and we are hiring an Executive Director to help us
fulfill our mission. UCO runs a Drop-in Center on Sunday afternoons
which, when not limited by COVID restrictions, offers food,
respite, access to computers, outreach services, and housing
assistance to its clients. Even during the pandemic, we have been
able to continue to offer meals, groceries, and housing assistance
to our clients. About the job UCO is seeking an energetic,
organized, and big-hearted individual to serve as its Executive
Director. This is a 25 hour, part-time position. The executive
director would serve as UCO's primary contact with the community:
networking with community partners, seeking funding opportunities,
and finding additional supportive services for our clients. The
Executive Director would also be responsible for the overall
management of UCO's efforts, working with our program directors to
fulfill UCO's mission. - Responsibilities Overall
- Ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy to
achieve its mission, with consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing programs, organizational and
financial plans in conjunction with the Board of Directors and
other staff members to carry out plans and policies authorized by
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance
with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of developments, opportunities and
trends in the field of homelessness with an objective of growing
the organization' s role in the community.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clergy and staff of
First Congregational Church (location of the Drop-In Center).
- Seek out community funding opportunities and work with Board
Grants Committee to complete and submit grant applications.
- Monitor and complete all necessary reporting obligations
required by funders.
- Work with appropriate Board Committees to plan and implement
annual Gala. Communications:
- Ensure that the Board is kept fully informed of organizational
operations and any important factors or issues influencing it.
- Promote and publicize the activities of the organization, its
programs, and goals to create a positive image in the
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative
arrangements with community groups, organizations, and potential
- Positively represent the programs and point of view of the
organization to agencies, organizations, press and the general
public to enhance the image within the community. Staff Relations:
- Be responsible for the recruitment of personnel when needed,
including paid staff and subcontractors. Ensure all required
training for personnel is undertaken and completed.
- Provide oversight of the programs of UCO, including client
outreach and housing programs and the Drop-In Center, which are run
by various Program Managers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular and
timely performance evaluations are completed, and that human
resources policies, procedures and practices are complied with by
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate
provision for succession, is in place.
- Encourage staff development and education and assist program
staff in applying their specialized work skills to the programs of
- Maintain a work environment of professionalism, respect and
kindness which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of
top-quality people. Budget and Finance:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the Board in
preparing a budget; ensure that the organization operates within
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit successful,
ongoing organizational operations and programs. Jointly, with the
chairperson and secretary of the Board of Directors, manage
official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with
designated officers, execute legal documents. Administrative
- Monitor incoming mail.
- Ensure bills are paid timely and according to terms (e.g.
insurance, workmen's comp). REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of three years of experience managing a non-profit
- Ability to take the lead in finding and cultivating fundraising
- Knowledge and experience with grant writing resulting in
successful grant awards. SALARY RANGE: $27,300-$32,500 HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, a cover letter, and a list of three
professional references (with contact information) with the subject
line "UCO ED Application" to Debra.Moore@ucodic.org by Tuesday,
Keywords: The Nonprofit Partnership, Long Beach , Executive Director (Urban Community Outreach), Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!