Company: SCAN Health Plan
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 12, 2022
As one of the nation's largest not-for-profit Medicare Advantage
plans, serving more than 200,000 members in California, SCAN Health
Plan has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping
seniors healthy and independent for over 40 years. SCAN employees
are passionate about what they do, and understand that success is
based on achieving the mission. Employees are afforded with the
training and tools necessary to do their jobs and are rewarded for
their efforts and recognized as experts in their fields. To learn
more, visit scanhealthplan.com or follow us on social media:
LinkedIn ; Facebook ; and Twitter .The OpportunityThe Payroll
Manager is responsible for the direction, planning and staffing of
shared services including payroll, timekeeping, and reporting.
Staying abreast of wage and hour changes and implementing as
needed. This position is also responsible for exploring options to
automate and reduce costs on company-wide systems and strengthen
internal controls.You Will
- Manage and oversee the payroll function, including quarterly
and annual tax returns, W-2's, amendments, prior years'
discrepancies, and audits.
- Determine appropriate taxation of all employee earnings and
- Develop and implement workflow and tasks necessary to
accomplish accurate and timely payment to employees.
- Maintain Payroll department structure of responsibilities and
guidelines by reviewing, updating, and implementing polices and
- Review and interpret reports prepared by staff personnel in the
payroll department. -
- Responsible for system administration of shared
services-UltiPro payroll and timekeeping. Ensure accurate operation
of all Payroll systems as the principal contact for SCAN and our
existing outside vendors.
- Recommend, establish, and implement internal controls to
maintain compliance with company policies and regulatory
- Continually look for opportunities to improve processes and
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations;
planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and
counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing
systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and
training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment;
developing personal growth opportunities.
- Responsible for reconciliation of accrued Paid Time Off (PTO),
benefit and payroll withholding accounts.
- Develops "best practices" new and review of existing policies
- Identifies control and/or process inefficiencies and propose
enhancements to the current process striving for continuous
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing and contributing to professional
publications; establishing personal networks; participating in
professional societies.RequirementsYour Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience required.
- 7+ years of experience in multi-state payroll management.
- Strong background (training and experience) in employment tax
law, wage and hour standards, tax return preparation and tax
- Systems experience, including integrated payroll, timekeeping,
and human resource software.
- Demonstrated management experience.
- Ability to provide professional customer service to both
internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.To
ensure a healthy and safe work environment, if you are selected for
this position, your job offer with SCAN Health will be contingent
upon being fully vaccinated and providing proof of your COVID-19
vaccine within 3 days after your start date. Generally, you are
considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the last dose,
as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been
authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, including
vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use
Authorization. If fully vaccinated outside of the United States,
the vaccination must be listed for emergency use by the World
Health Organization (WHO). If you cannot receive the vaccine
because of a disability/medical reason or sincerely-held religious
belief, you may request an accommodation to this requirement by
contacting COVID-19 Vaccination Policy . Learn more about the
COVID-19 vaccination here -
What's in it for you?
- A competitive compensation and benefits program -
- An annual employee bonus program
- Robust Wellness Program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- Ten paid holidays per year, plus 1 additional floating
- Excellent 401k Retirement Saving Plan with employer match
- Robust employee recognition program
- A work-life balance
- An opportunity to become part of a team that makes a difference
to our members and our community every day!We're always looking for
talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply now!At SCAN we believe that it is our business
to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility
to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are
committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community
through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay,
employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.SCAN is
proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
workplace. Individuals seeking employment will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability,
protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A
background check is required.#LI-CS1QualificationsSkillsBehaviors:
Motivations:EducationExperienceLicenses & CertificationsEqual
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Keeping Seniors Healthy and
Keywords: SCAN Health Plan, Long Beach , Payroll Manager, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!