IT Business Relationship Manager
Company: SCAN Health Plan
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 20, 2022
- Long Beach, -CA (Please Note: Position Can Be Remote)
- Full-Time - About SCAN As one of the nation's largest
not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plans, serving more than 200,000
members in California, SCAN Health Plan has been a mission-driven
organization dedicated to keeping seniors healthy and independent
for over 40 years. SCAN employees are passionate about what they
do, and understand that success is based on achieving the mission.
Employees are afforded with the training and tools necessary to do
their jobs and are rewarded for their efforts and recognized as
experts in their fields. To learn more, visit - scanhealthplan.com
or follow us on social media: LinkedIn ;Facebook ; and Twitter .
The Opportunity Facilitate alignment between IT and assigned line
of business by fostering communication and collaboration in service
of corporate goals. Act as a liaison between IT and business
stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and be a
strategic partner to solve business challenges using technology.
- Effectively communicate with business stakeholders to uncover
their technology needs while understanding SCAN's IT landscape to
produce innovative solutions and high level designs, capturing
functional requirements and design specifications. -
- Manage and coordinate IT's work for each assigned line of
business based on the IT Portfolio and business priorities, while
ensuring progress is on schedule and outcome is high quality.
- Ensure recommended solutions are streamlined and aligned with
organizational priorities and goals.
- Identify business issues, challenges and areas of improvement
to provide cost saving, streamlined and optimized solutions. Push
creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry
practices and client mindsets along to meet business needs.
- In conjunction with Technical Leads, drive the implementation
of the project lifecycle process by following SDLC to ensure a
smooth execution and clear lines of communication between cross
functional IT Teams and business areas impacted. Explain gaps and
technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Maintain positive relationships with business, IT and vendors
by proactively setting expectations, coordinating information
exchange and reporting project progress and risks. Keep management
informed of key issues.
- Maintains positive relationships with business, IT and vendors
by proactively setting expectations, coordinating information
exchange and regularly keeping them informed of progress and risks.
Keeps management informed of key issues.
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments
to improve service to our customers.
- Facilitate meetings effectively, including executive level
report outs and staff level brainstorming sessions.
- Follow Software and Services department guidelines, protocols,
tools, and processes.
- Actively supports the achievement of SCAN's Vision and
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements Your Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Lean Six Sigma and ITIL certification preferred.
- 2+ years Business Relationship Manager, Product Owner or
Project Management experience required.
- 2+ year of experience managing a portfolio, backlog or roadmap
with multiple projects and activities in progress.
- 3+ years of experience in translating pain points or business
objectives into technical solutions that span multiple departments
and processes in a mid or large enterprise IT environment(s)
- 3+ years of experience in creating high level design
visualization and documentation to communicate the designs and
solutions (BRD, FDD, RTM, EPIC, User Stories).
- 3+ years of experience in creating business processes
improvement documentation by modeling and mapping as-is and to-be
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- 5+ years of IT experience. To ensure a healthy and safe work
environment, all SCAN employees will be required to be fully
vaccinated by January 1, 2022. Generally, you are considered fully
vaccinated 14 days after receiving the last dose, as recommended by
the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA
for use in the United States, including vaccinations that have been
approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. If fully
vaccinated outside of the United States, the vaccination must be
listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO). If
you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical
reason or sincerely-held religious belief, you may request an
accommodation to this requirement by contacting
-COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org . Learn more about the COVID-19
vaccination here -
What's in it for you?
- A competitive compensation and benefits program -
- An annual employee bonus program
- Robust Wellness Program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- Ten paid holidays per year, plus 1 additional floating
- Excellent 403(b) Retirement Saving Plan with employer
- Robust employee recognition program
- A work-life balance
- An opportunity to become part of a team that makes a difference
to our members and our community every day! We're always looking
for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply now! At SCAN we believe that it is our business
to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility
to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are
committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community
through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay,
employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. SCAN is
proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
workplace. Individuals seeking employment will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability,
protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A
background check is required. #LI-CS1 Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: SCAN Health Plan, Long Beach , IT Business Relationship Manager, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!