Territory Manager - Los Angeles
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Location: Southern California
# of Openings: 1
TERRITORY MANAGER - Los Angeles, North Orange County, Long Beach,
Preference given to candidates with P&C carrier sales and/or
As a dynamic, fast-growing provider of workers' compensation
insurance and services, we are seeking a goal-oriented individual
willing to put their ideas to work!
We offer a positive, challenging work environment, combined with an
opportunity to build your career as you help us grow our business,
in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely EMPLOYERS
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, EMPLOYERS attributes its
long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our employees
across the United States. EMPLOYERS is known for the quality
service and expertise we provide to our clients, and the exemplary
work environment we provide for our employees.
We live and breathe our core values: Integrity, Customer Focus,
Collaboration, Initiative, Accountability, Innovation, and Personal
Fulfillment. These are the pillars that support how we do business
with our clients as well as how we treat each other!
At EMPLOYERS, you'll discover an energetic environment that
inspires top achievement. As "America's small business insurance
specialist", we have the resources, a solid reputation and an
expanding nationwide identity to enrich your work/life and enhance
The Territory Manager will be responsible for providing a sales
leadership role for all sales and producer management processes.
This position will work in cooperation with the EMPLOYERS' Sales
Plan and the Underwriting Plan to support, assist and provide
guidance to focus our sales effort on business opportunities that
are consistent with our underwriting and financial objectives, as
well as our mission and vision statements.
- Assists the region in meeting or exceeding premium goals in a
focused, efficient and profitable manner consistent with our
- Creates and sustains a producer management process that
prioritizes our customer focus.
- Monitors and evaluates our external market for new products and
- Assists with the development of education and training programs
for our customers, our underwriters, our loss control consultants
and our claims examiners in order to improve efficiency, sales and
- Completes annual producer profiles and confirms that
appropriate action plans are established.
- Operates in cooperation with our internal organization in
developing new automated efficiencies, on-line products and
improved customer communications. Maximizes usage of all current
online systems, products and services.
- Performs necessary and regular agency calls in order to
maximize production efforts and to keep the producers up to date on
company products and services. Assists in the development of the
- Actively prospects quality new appointments and terminates
those agencies that do not meet the needs of the company as
- Acts as a facilitator, trainer and problem solver in working
with agencies. Follows-up on outstanding eAccess issues to make
sure critical concerns are properly resolved.
- Conducts agency audits on a scheduled basis as needed.
Recommends appropriate action based on audit results.
- National travel on a regular basis is required.
- Produces a monthly report identifying key trends in competition
and individual producer information verifying the producer
- Develops and coordinates producer functions to facilitate
production and company/producer relationships.
- The Territory Manager acts in conjunction with: ---The
corporate business appetite and underwriting to provide and monitor
the amount and quality of new opportunities.
- Works with Loss Control, Underwriting, Claims to coordinate the
attainment of our production plan.
- Makes selection decisions in the field to facilitate the
quality and quantity of new business application flow.
- Other duties as assigned or as situation dictates.
Minimum Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five years of insurance and/or sales experience.
- A Territory Manager is capable of working with limited
- A technical problems solver with enough workers' compensation
rating bureau knowledge to discuss and solve audit, collection and
some underwriting problems.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid state driver's license and good driving record
- Strong organizational skills
- This focused and goal-oriented position requires someone who
possesses sales skills and who can influence others through strong
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
and represent the Company professionally, both internally and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Preferred, But Not Required
- Proven sales skills in the workers comp/insurance industry
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Sits for periods of time.
- Frequent use of PC and Keyboard and phone.
- Travel throughout the territory via car or air for extended
periods of time
Keywords: EMPLOYERS, Long Beach , Territory Manager - Los Angeles, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!