CPG - Pet Food Regional Sales Manager
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 14, 2022
Job DescriptionThis pet manufacturer produces premium pet food,
treats, toppers and complements, that is deeply rooted in a family
tradition of excellence that has continued for generations. Since
the late 1950's, pet parents have entrusted them with the privilege
of providing food that is human grade, nutrient rich, and
guarantees pet fun.The company is seeking a Regional Sales Manager
to oversee and coordinate all sales activities in their Western
Region 5- 7 years of CPG - Pet Food experience Required -
Experience working with retail chains like Costco, Kroger, Target,
etc. and with distributors Kehe, UNFI, etc..Duties and
- Develops and maintains relationships at the headquarter level
with potential and existing national and regional Pet Specialty
- Develops and maintains relationships with key Pet Specialty
Distributers in the Western Region. Trains and engages with
distributer sales teams to build and grow the company's share of
- Drives market strategies, brand awareness to increase sale
growth and profitability.
- Closes new sales by building rapport with potential accounts,
identifying needs of product and services.
- Works collaboratively with the USA Sales team on new sales
- Negotiates profitable pricing and/or terms of sales.
- Builds and maintains a network of sources from which to
identify new sales leads.
- Provides and reports sales forecasts, results, status of
accounts and leads for region or division.
- Analyze sales accounts by reviewing current and potential
volumes of distributors within defined area.
- Manages and train regional sales team and Key Account
- Manages expenses to stay within budgeted guidelines.
- Keeps up-to-date with competition by gathering and researching
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures and business ethics
and ensures compliance with their team and represents the Company
in a professional manner.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned. Minimum
- Some college or Bachelor's degree in related field (preferred)
or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 - 7years of experience in pet food industry or
consumer packaged goods environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships with
- Aptitude to travel daily or weekly and spend most of the day in
- Excellent sales and customer service skills, with proven
- Must hold unrestricted driver's license and driving record that
has no more than three (3) violations in the last two (2) years; no
more than one (1) "at-fault" accident in the past three (3)
- Organized, detail-oriented and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to commute to the office.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm
specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple
industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely
competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our
ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: Gpac, Long Beach , CPG - Pet Food Regional Sales Manager, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!