Vice President Property Management
Company: Vestar Development Co.
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 17, 2022
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Vice President Property Management
Full-time Regular Long Beach, Long Beach, CA, US 30+ days ago
Requisition ID: 1108 WHO WE AREVestar is a nationally recognized
leader in the acquisition, management, leasing and development of
retail real estate with a significant market share in the Western
US. Vestar has over 30 million square feet currently under
operation and management and has been acknowledged by both
institutional and private-client investors as an industry
leader.Since its inception in 1989, Vestar has become synonymous
with integrity and responsibility. As one of the leading privately
held real estate companies in the western United States, Vestar
acquires, develops and manages retail and entertainment
destinations of varying size and scale that serve as destinations
and community focal points.POSITION SUMMARY - This leadership
position is responsible for leading, managing and profitably
growing the third party real estate management services. The Vice
President will have 8 direct reports and oversee all Management
Services team members involved with providing real estate
management services for the portfolio and will assist with
integrating and coordinating the leasing and project management
team members required to optimally service the assets and the
clients. This position will formulate and implement an annual
business plan that reflects the strategic, operational,
organizational and financial goals of Management Services. The Vice
President will assist the Director of Business Development with the
development, planning and directing of new business growth
opportunities while consistently maintaining strong client and
employee relationships. The position will report directly to the
President of Management Services. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide long-term strategic leadership and day-to-day
management for all Management Services activities.
- Oversee all aspects of strategic and financial planning for
Management Services. Develop the annual business plan and operating
budget; complete monthly and/or quarterly results, as
- Work as a partner with regional team members to maximize the
success of the business line and geographic division.
- Meet business growth objectives by assisting with new business
- Regularly meet with clients to assess the level of satisfaction
and to further promote the company's services.
- Enact any corrective measures required and/or implement new
customer relations policies or procedures to ensure the highest
level of current and future customer satisfaction.
- Achieve property/portfolio financial performance objectives.
Ensure that actual property income and expenses, compared to
approved budgets, are analyzed and direct appropriate actions in
response to variances or changes occurring during the year.
- Periodically complete inspections of the properties and
recommend measure to ensure maximum "curb appeal" and value
- Oversee and manage the effective recruitment, selection,
performance management and retention of employees to carry out the
business line and company's vision and goals.
- Implement a career development and succession plan, along with
an effective retention program for key personnel, while creating a
more diverse organization.
- Recognize and promote employee expertise and empower employees
to build an integrated, dynamic team that is viewed by others as
highly effective and the best in the industry.
- Seek ways to become visible and recognized as a noted expert in
the local market (industry & civic group membership, public
speaking, articles, interviews, etc.).CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- California salesperson license and desire to secure broker's
- Previous experience managing a team of property management
professionals responsible for a significant portfolio (7+ assets
totaling 2.5 MSF) with a heavy retail concentration. -
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the commercial real
estate services industry focused on retail, preferably with third
party services firms.
- Current (or previous) membership with ICSC (demonstrating
- Sound understanding of property management accounting systems
- Proven business development experience and success. Strategic
client relationships within the market or the industry with a
philosophy focusing on growth and retention. -
- Strong leader with the proven ability to develop and promote a
challenging and productive environment conducive to optimal
employee growth and satisfaction. -
- Outgoing, confident and collaborative with the ability to
motivate employees, customers and outside business contacts.
- A self starter with exceptional verbal/written communication
and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in
strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people
- Articulate, polished and comfortable in a fast-paced
- Strong leadership abilities with a proven track record in
motivating and managing multiple personalities.
- Highly professional with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including oral and written
- Attention to detail with keen organizational skills.
- Self confident, enthusiastic and outgoing. -
- A visionary with the ability to be an agent or influencer of
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Emotional maturity.Vestar is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity in our workplace and we hire the most qualified
candidates without regard for age, ethnicity, gender, gender
identity or expression, language differences, nationality or
national origin, family or marital status, physical, mental, and
developmental abilities (or the perception of a disability),
genetic information, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation,
skin color, social or economic class, education, work and
behavioral styles, political affiliation, military service, caste,
or any other characteristic protected by law. -Eligibility:
Applicants must have valid work authorization that does not now
and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for
employment authorization in the US by Vestar. -
Keywords: Vestar Development Co., Long Beach , Vice President Property Management, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!