Company: Bakersfield Pipe & Supply
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 24, 2022
BPS Supply Group (BPSSG) has distributed pipe, valves, fittings,
and supplies for over 50 years to a wide range of customers across
all markets. Our products and custom solutions connect
infrastructure and industry to the resources they depend on, all
across North America. With 21 strategic locations specializing in
oil & gas, energy, construction, and more, we are one of the
largest independent supply companies in the Western United States
.And growing in your area! Position Purpose: Manages daily
activities of Sales goals, responsible for adherence to the Branch
standardized quality processes, manages and directs the processing
and accuracy of each Branch inventory both book and physical.
Ensures employees execute in an efficient, accurate, timely, and
cost-effective manner by allocating work assignments, monitoring
productivity, and procures resources to facilitate the branch
goals. Branch Managers are also expected to perform outside sales
duties that require a high level of professionalism and a
self-motivating attitude. Essential Functions:
- Responsibility for all resources and Sales.
- Demonstrate and explain products, methods, or services in order
to persuade customers to purchase materials or utilize
- Coordinates and monitors all sales to ensure sales rates are
consistent with business plan and pattern.
- Branch Managers are also expected to perform outside sales
duties that require a high level of professionalism and a
- Monitors and Coordinates inventory movement between
- Regularly reviews and analyzes reports to evaluate Sales.
Provides one-on-one feedback and hands-on training to increase
sales/productivity and quality, in accordance with Branch
- Investigates errors in order to determine the cause and
recommends/implements business solutions where needed.
- Learn about competitors' products and consumers' interests and
concerns in order to answer questions and provide more complete
- Identify interested and qualified customers in order to provide
them with additional information.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy through process
development and management.
- Prepare and alter presentation contents to target specific
- Opportunities to make decisions. Requires making decisions that
impact the results of co-workers, clients, or the company.
- Manages daily staffing to match volume and ensure Sales targets
- Optimizes daily execution of standardized processes through
continuous direction, training, productivity monitoring, and
evaluation of sales.
- Promotes safety in work processes by supporting Company and
Branch safety programs.
- Provides daily coaching and feedback to hourly associates who
are involved in the sales transaction.
- Responsible for identifying potential labor relations issues
and resolving such issues with the Branch Managers.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer morale,
including contributing to and ensuring the maintenance of a
professional workplace environment.
- Performs additional duties relative to managing the company's
processes/goals. Essential Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's degree in Business
Administration or Management preferred.
- Strong Leadership, administrative, organizational, managerial,
and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to gather and interpret
information, and develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
- Ability to read financial statements and reports
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with customers while
maintaining and promoting a positive image
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software programs;
including word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail applications.
- Must be Eighteen years of age
- Must pass a drug test, background check, and DMV check
- Possession of high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 5 + year management and/or relevant experience or any
equivalent combination of education and experience that
demonstrates the ability to do the job.
- Valid CDL License Essential Physical Requirements:
- Bending/Twisting 5%
- Stooping 5%
- Walking 5%
- Sitting/Repetitive Motion 60%
- Pushing/Pulling 10%
- Reaching Overhead 5%
- Driving N/A
- Standing 5%
- Kneeling/Crawling 5%
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. We offer very competitive
wages and great benefits which include medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, paid time off and 401k program. BPS Supply Group
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, BPS complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. BPS Supply
Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the
ability of BPS's employees to perform their job duties may result
in discipline up to and including discharge.
Keywords: Bakersfield Pipe & Supply, Long Beach , Branch Manager, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!