Manager, Customer Service
Company: OOCL USA Inc
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 21, 2022
111 West Ocean Blvd. Suite 1700 Long Beach, CA 90802
*On-site role Mon-Fri 0830 - 1700 (w/1 hour lunch)*
With our core values - People People People, Community
Responsibility, Customer Focus, Excellence through Quality - we
hope to empower our employees to achieve the mission of OOCL.
*What is OOCL?*
OOCL is *one of the world's largest* integrated international
container transportation, logistics and terminal companies. As one
of Hong Kong's most recognized global brands, OOCL provides
customers with fully integrated *logistics and containerized
transportation services*, with a network that encompasses Asia,
Europe, the Americas, Africa and Australasia.
As the first point on contact for our customers, the Customer
Service Department is the front line of the organization, working
daily with customers on their global supply chain needs.
*OOCL Benefits (What we offer to you): *
*All employees* enjoy these outstanding benefits, while in a safe,
friendly, clean, business casual office environment. Benefits
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* 401k Retirement Plan AND Pension Plan
* Paid Vacation/PTO
* Separate Paid Sick Time Off
* Major Holidays Paid
* Paid Personal Days in Addition to PTO
* A Competitive Salary
* Tuition Assistance after 12 months
* Employee Assistance Program
* Excellent Growth and Advancement Opportunities
* Referral bonus
Job Responsibilities: *
* Provide leadership in: (a) building an effective organization
with clear accountabilities and streamlined processes (b)
developing quality people (c) role-modeling OOCL core values and
core competencies; consistently address under performers.
* Be jointly accountable, with Sales, for retention of customers
and growth of support from target accounts.
* Meet and exceed annual staff budget productivity and performance
targets with no more than a 10% variance below target.
* Model decision making for all transactional matters on the
front-line in compliance with Company guidelines and
* Promote customer-centric culture and develop direct customer -
customer service relationships.
* Continuously develop best practices, with justified ROI, to
provide positive experiences for customers; provide customers with
services that meet or exceed OOCL's quality standards.
* Effective local Detention & Demurrage management.
* Design and execute effective training plans for frontline
* Assess and recommend Staffing requirements in cooperation with
the SWC Director.
Minimum Requirements: *
* What and how of leaders; Diversity Issues; Differences in
generations of people; Motivation; Functional process; Company
goals; Cost structure.
* Business Plan; Customer Requirements; Service Contracts.
* Provide customers with services that meet or exceed OOCL's
* Entrepreneurial spirit/mind set; Awareness of best practices in
other industries; quality standards and continuous improvement
*Be part of a team!*
* Have a collaborative mindset as your daily interactions will
include working with our customers and with many people in various
departments within our organization in a team-based
* bring your experience and thrive on proactively suggesting
opportunities to increase efficiencies to improve the current
*All employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a
OOCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a diverse,
inclusive, and equitable work environment. OOCL does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or
mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other
basis covered by appropriate law. We are committed to building a
team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and
skills. For more information, we encourage you to visit us at
Job Type: Full-time%58047475%
Keywords: OOCL USA Inc, Long Beach , Manager, Customer Service, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!