External Reporting Director
Company: Rocket Lab USA
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch
services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to
open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over
1,300 people strong and were adding to it every week. Collaboration
is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a
difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we
are action oriented.
EXTERNAL REPORTING DIRECTOR
Based at Rocket Labs new headquarters in Long Beach, California the
External Reporting Director is responsible for managing the
preparation and distribution of periodic financial statements under
US GAAP and international accounting standards. You will ensure
that reports, filings, and documentation comply with the companys
regulations, professional standards, and GAAP reporting guidelines.
You will support the Corporate Controller and Corporate Accounting
& Finance organization, with deliverables required for internal
leadership, board of directors, and investors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as technical accounting resource by researching, resolving,
and documenting accounting treatments as needed.
- Partner with international subsidiaries to monitor statutory
- Collaborate across departments to improve controls that impact
financial reporting including; refining processes, policies,
procedures, documentation, and information systems.
- Support adhoc operational/systems initiatives and research,
including identifying solutions for deficiencies.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of periodic financial
statements under US GAAP and international accounting
- Ensure reports, filings, and documentation complies with the
companys regulations, professional standards, and GAAP reporting
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly consolidated reporting of
the companys financial statements.
- Create and maintain reporting calendar to inform parties of
necessary deadline adherence.
- Construct, identify, develop, and implement custom reports
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with
internal control requirements.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant financial reporting,
consolidations, audit & accounting experience, from both public
accounting and industry sectors.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Current on quarterly and annual U.S. GAAP and SEC financial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
& the ability to explain complex information to others.
- Big Four experience.
- Ability to be adaptable to change, both big and small.
- Constant desire to learn, grow, and collaborate with others to
find better solutions.
- Problem solver, with the ability to develop innovative
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a
- ERP experience using Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations,
applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
-120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the
U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Keywords: Rocket Lab USA, Long Beach , External Reporting Director, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!