Food Service - Kitchen Manager
Company: Lazy Acres
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Who Is Lazy Acres Natural Market?
At Lazy Acres Natural Market, we believe in a natural approach to
optimal health and wellness. From organic and seasonal produce and
products steeped in tradition, to functional supplements and body
care, we are here to support you in mind, body and soul.
Our friendly, informative, and passionate team members remain
committed to providing exceptional service and wellness tips with
our community; and accommodating the needs of our guests. We
continue to live by the closely held belief that our collective
actions can and will contribute to a healthier planet.
We're committed to creating an environment that will attract the
most passionate and enthusiastic people in our field. We're always
on the lookout for people inspired by health, wellness, and eating
clean and strive for excellent customer service. Our Leadership is
dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment,
offering opportunities for professional growth, education, and
Ingredients You'll Bring to the Table
You love food and have the ability to create an experience that is
beyond the everyday. You have a positive attitude and work well in
a team environment. You can connect with people and reach a level
of hospitality that exceeds guests' expectation. You are warm,
outgoing, authentically amazing and want to be inspired, challenged
and proud of where you work, You embody a spirit of
entrepreneurship and mutual respect. You approach every situation
with a YES! attitude and seek to find a solution to all
opportunities that arise.
What Will Be On Your Plate?
Job Title: Kitchen Manager
Departments: Food Service
Reports To: Food Service Manager
As a key leader of our Food Service Department, the Kitchen Manager
is fundamentally focused on product quality, presentation, food
safety, and the overall success of the Food Service Department. He
or she is also responsible for assisting the Food Service Manager
with product management, gross margin, labor, general expense
control, and profitability as it relates to production
responsibilities. The Kitchen Manager will assist with the training
and education of employees in the areas of product knowledge,
recipe compliance, product management, food safety, quality
control, sanitation, and the overall organization of the Food
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Ensures proficiency in production tasks; consistently achieves
all food preparation guidelines, including full compliance with
established recipe program; ensures prepared food consistency,
quality, freshness, and portion control .
- Participates in determining order quantities, effective
ordering of all products for the production kitchen; maintaining
product inventory at "par" levels.
- Assesses product quality and provides timely feedback to staff
and management. Additionally, will integrate new and seasonal items
as necessary into the product selection process.
- Follows established guidelines to manage and process all
miss-picks, damaged goods and credits.
- Ensures all outdated products are pulled, recorded, and
discarded on a daily basis.
- Controls inventory for back of the house Food Service
- Ensures proper portioning procedures are followed at all
- Actively works with Meat, Seafood and Produce Managers to
reduce shrink and create menu items.
- Oversees the production of back of the house products in the
Deli, and Catering departments.
- Maintaining effective communication between all food production
areas within the kitchen.
- Maintains sales floor, back room, cooler and freezer in a safe,
clean, and organized manner; helps breakdown and store products
- Contributes to a productive, enjoyable work environment;
fosters working relationships that promote positive team
- Uses and requires employees to use equipment correctly;
demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of all equipment in Food
- Consistently presents a professional personal image, including
impeccable execution of the company's dress and appearance
- Ability to multi-task, manages time wisely, and maintains a
"sense of urgency".
- Responsible for all policies and practices related to food
safety, sanitation, price integrity, and other functional duties
within the department.
- Informs appropriate management members throughout the store to
improve, maintain or solve any issues as they arise, general or
- In conjunction with the Food Service Manager:
- Works to maintain and manage stocking standards, verify that
items received from vendors meet company guidelines.
- Verifies invoice billing and communicates discrepancies to the
Food Service Manager.
- Ensure that signing is posted for all products, and that they
are properly labeled.
- Determine daily projects and activities of production
employees; ensures daily tasks and assignments are accomplished
correctly and in a timely manner.
- Effectively organize and manages all production and cleaning
- Manages costs by controlling shrink and theft.
The Kitchen Manager manages back of the house production employees
within the Food Service Departments, which include the Deli, Caf ,
& Catering Departments. He or she carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with Bristol Farms/Lazy Acres Market
policies and all applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing; training employees; planning, assigning, and
directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining
employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Customer Service Skills
The Kitchen Manager is expected to provide customer service that is
extra ordinary and exceeds the expectations of our customers. They
are required to follow established policies and guidelines that go
beyond simply smiling and greeting customers. Going above and
beyond encompasses attitudes, respect, and flexibility. Kitchen
Managers are expected to have a positive "can-do" attitude; to
treat others with respect; and easily adjust to changes in the
workplace. Effectively follows through with customers, including
item requests, questions, and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); must have
experience and background in the culinary field or other food
service industries, which includes but not limited to hotels,
country clubs, gourmet markets, food production facilities, or
restaurants. One year certificate from college or technical school
and minimum two-years work related experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Must be "Serve Safe"
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers, or employees of
Bristol Farms/Lazy Acres Market.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
proportions, and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, divide, and
multiply using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to resolve
conflicts in such a manner to create a win-win situation. Ability
to analyze a variety of situations, think through to a solution and
implement the solution.
Knowledge of English
This is a customer service driven position. The candidate must have
the ability to speak, read and understand English. Ability to speak
and understand the Spanish language is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls. The employee occasionally is required
to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required
to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally
exposed to extreme heat and/or cold, to electrical shock, and to
risk of burn. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate & occasionally loud.
Why You'll Love Working at Lazy Acres Natural Market
- Amazing earning potential, paid weekly!
- A values-based culture that will engage and empower your growth
- A strong training program that will build your restaurant and
guest service skills
- Opportunity for growth within our family of brands
- Benefits available - Including medical, dental, vision, and
- Numerous scholarship opportunities available to full & part
time team members
- 20% discount at all Bristol Farms and Lazy Acres locations
- $60 credit to Shoes for Crews every 6 months of employment
#TAL2 Associated topics: assistant general manager, bakery manager,
day shift manager, grocery store manager, night manager, partner,
restaurant general manager, restaurant manager, restaurant
operations, service manager
Keywords: Lazy Acres, Long Beach , Food Service - Kitchen Manager, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!