Executive Director - Long Beach
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 17, 2023
U.S.VETS Long Beach - Long Beach, CA
4 Year Degree
$100,000.00 - $125,000.00 Salary/year
Up to 25%
Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great
organization & make a difference, this is the job for you!
Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical,
Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ENTIRETY FOR FURTHER
CONSIDERATION/LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
and is responsible for the coordination and supervision of all
programs, services, and operations at the site. The main function
of these programs is to assist homeless and at-risk veterans and
their families to achieve their highest level of independence to
include successfully transitioning to and maintaining permanent
- Manages and supervises all programs, services, and operations
at U.S.VETS site.
- Evaluates trends in needs & gaps & develops programs to meet
- Set annual goals and objectives for site and manage for
accomplishing those in a manner to successfully serve the
- Ensures a therapeutic milieu in accordance with the U.S.VETS
Mission and Philosophy.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with
community partners to include the Veterans Administration, the
local Continuum of Care, housing facilities, landlords, donors,
funders, and agencies and programs to successfully deliver services
to veteran clients and their families.
- Develop and maintain relationships with elected government
officials, federal and local to advocate veteran needs and service
- Supervises site Clinical and Program Team and delivery of
services within all programs to include housing and prevention
programs. Services include but are not limited to: outreach, case
management, clinical/substance abuse treatment, 24/7 residential
care, food services, workforce development, financial assistance,
legal advocacy, etc.
- Collaborates with organizations Clinical and Program
departments and ensures organization and program forms, policies,
trainings, and client programming models are implemented and
- Supervises site Operations department to include maintaining
overall organizational integrity within the site and compliance
with all federal and other regulations to include oversight of
client care guidelines and ensuring that legal requirements are
- Ensures internal audits and reviews of documentation and
protocols are conducted which includes but is not limited to
auditing of client charts, internal databases, external databases
(compliance with Homeless Information Management System), safety
protocols, grant reports, fiscal controls, etc.
- Collaborates with organizations Fiscal and Accounting
departments and oversees fiscal management and budget tracking to
ensure site is not operating in a deficit.
- Collaborates with organizations Human Resources and Payroll
departments and oversees employee recruitment, training, retention,
performance evaluations, and time tracking.
- Oversees site fundraising, communications, and community
development in collaboration with organizations Development &
- Oversees housing development planning and implementation in
collaboration with organizations Housing Development
- Supervises and provides oversight for facility maintenance and
leasing in collaboration with property management partners.
- Facilitates regular meetings with site staff and monitors site,
program, grant, and financial goals and objectives to report to COO
and National Office.
- Participates in weekly Conference Calls facilitated by National
- Other duties as assigned by COO or designee.
- Position will initially be titled Program Director until
employee meets the training requirements for Executive Director
which is typically 3 to 9 months. May report to COOs designee or
Acting Executive Director.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Social Work, Public
Administration, Non-Profit Management, or related field
- Minimum of four years experience in program management, staff
supervision, program development, and budget management as related
- Leadership and Conflict Management skills essential.
- Experience working with veterans, homeless individuals,
disabled individuals, and/or families in need and culturally
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups
of individuals, to include clients, staff, and community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include
public speaking and ability to represent organization in the
- Demonstrated personal and financial integrity in the workplace
and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and within team-approach
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization
whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and
their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career
development and comprehensive support.
Keywords: USVETS, Long Beach , Executive Director - Long Beach, Executive , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!