Registered Nurse Operating Room - FT - MemorialCare Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Location: US-CA-Long BeachType: Full Time Employee# of Openings:
MemorialCare Surgery Center - Long Beach is an multi-specialty
Our management team is focused on providing high quality care and
maintaining strong communication with our patients and physicians.
We greatly value the confidence and trust placed in our team by our
patients and their families when they choose to have outpatient
procedures performed at our center.
Benefits Begin on Day one of Employment:
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity /adoption benefits
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance (full time
- Employer-paid life and short and long term disability
- Optional employee-paid insurances (accident, cancer, accidental
death and additional life insurance)
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- Ample free parking
- No holidays, nights or call
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and
providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used
according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational
policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the intra-operative
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with
written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and
accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of
assigned areas pertaining to the operating room, sterilization and
decontamination, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively
manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure
quality patient care.
- At the direction of the Director of Nursing, maintains an
adequate inventory for assigned area, including, but not limited
to, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and
retention of operating room/corresponding ancillary area
- Assists with staffing assigned area and performing daily
- Responsible for fostering an environment that promotes staff
growth and development.
- Supervises and adheres to Surgery Center policies, procedures,
and safety programs.
- Participates in Quality Committee(s), Medical Leadership
Committee, as requested, and/or assigned.
- Proactively seeks to continuously improve patient care and
- Exhibits competency in performing all functions of assigned
area or duties.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the Director of
Nursing and/or the Administrator.
- High School graduate or GED certificate recipient
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the State as a Registered Nurse
- Operating room circulating experience required
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS/PALS certification within six months of hire date
(applicable to scope of service)
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs
#Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Long Beach , Registered Nurse Operating Room - FT - MemorialCare Surgery Center, Healthcare , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!