Mental Health Worker I (Full-Time PM) - Behavioral Health 109
Company: Telecare Corporation
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 11, 2022
TELECARE CORPORATIONMENTAL HEALTH WORKER IFounded in 1965,
Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated
to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our
employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults
with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities
and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and
over 4,300 employees across the country. And we're growing all the
time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of
individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.As part of the
Telecare family, La Casa Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRC)
is a 190-bed program providing assistance to adults 18 and
older.Employment Status: Full-TimeShift: PM 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Days: Varies as needed
STATEMENT OF PURPOSEWe exist to help people with mental impairments
realize their full potential.
MISSION STATEMENTTelecare will deliver and manage excellent
services and systems of care for persons with serious mental
POSITION OBJECTIVEThe Mental Health Worker I performs a variety of
duties on the inpatient unit involving patient management and care
under the guidance of the MHW II staff.QUALIFICATIONSOne (1) year
of experience working with the severely and persistently mentally
ill population, and demonstrated ability to perform at a
consistently high level as a Mental Health Worker is required.
Current enrollment in a related school program can substitute for
the one year work experience. High school graduation or a G.E.D.
equivalent are also required, as is current CPR certification.
Necessary skills include, knowledge of the care of the mentally ill
and the ability to interact with nursing personnel, other members
of the health care team, patients, family members and visitors. The
ability to read, write and speak English is crucial. Applicant must
receive clearance from the Department of Justice.KEY RESULT
AREASMISSION, VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs
in everyday language and contact with clients, the public and other
QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
- Under the guidance of the MHW II position, provides safe,
effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with
clients and acts as a role model in maintaining a hopeful and
positive attitude in problem-solving and coping with the
disabilities associated with mental illness.
- Attends and participates in community meetings and groups.
- Under the guidance of the Rehab Therapy staff, participates,
assists and facilitates rehabilitation therapy groups and
- Admits and discharges clients as assigned, including completing
- Collects stool, urine and other specimens, as requested, on
- Obtains client vital signs and weights, as assigned. Completes
tasks and required documentation as assigned.
- Assists clients at mealtime by distributing meal trays, pouring
beverages, and/or feeding clients in need of assistance.
TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
- Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting
observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
- Reviews and implements client treatment plans.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and
treatment planning meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Professional Assault Response
Training (PART) principles and uses PART concepts to manage
- Participates in and assists clients during group outings.
- Observes, records and reports client social and psychiatric
- Completes the following assessment activities:
- Reviews admission documentation.
- Assists in client reviews and assessment of client care
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize changes in client milieu
and make modifications in care-giving methods.
JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
- Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and
- Promotes and assists clients in developing self-help
- Explains policies and procedures to clients and their
- Demonstrates knowledge of nursing policies and procedures as
they relate to direct and indirect client care.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
- Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working
relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers
with concern and promotes group morale.
- Maintains an effective and courteous working relationship with
clients and other staff members through the use of appropriate
- Protects the confidentiality of employee and client
- Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements
improvements as necessary.
- Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all
- Protects clients from behavior that could damage themselves or
- Practices universal precautions at all times.
CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare's customers including
clients, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and
- Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and
understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing
Telecare in the community.
PLANNING AND TIME UTILIZATION
- Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments,
meeting expected deadlines.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies
associated with attendance.
- Attends all assigned in-service education classes.
- Role models excellent professional practice.
- Always dresses appropriately and professionally.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS See below attachment.Duties and
responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the
discretion of management.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSACTIVITY(Hours per day)
OCCASIONALLYup to 3 hours
FREQUENTLY3 - 6 HOURS
CONSTANTLY6 - 8+ HOURS
Hand Use: Dominant hand Right- Left-
Is repetitive use of hand required? YES
Simple Grasping (right hand)
Simple Grasping (left hand)
Power Grasping (right hand)
Power Grasping (left hand)
Fine Manipulation (right hand)
Fine Manipulation (left hand)
Pushing & Pulling (right hand)
Pushing and Pulling (left hand)
Reaching (above shoulder level)
Reaching (below shoulder level)
Occasionallyup to 3 hrs.
Frequently3 - 6 hrs.
Constantly6 - 8+ hrs.
Occasionallyup to 3 hrs.
Frequently3 -6 hrs.
Constantly6 - 8+ hrs.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment?
Working around equipment and machinery?
Walking on uneven ground?
Exposure to excessive noise?
Exposure to extremes of temperature, humidity or wetness?
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals?
Working at heights?
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement?
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment?
Working with bio-hazards such as: blood borne pathogens,
sewage, hospital waste, etc.
EOE AA M/F/V/DisabilityEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Telecare Corporation, Long Beach , Mental Health Worker I (Full-Time PM) - Behavioral Health 109, Healthcare , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!