RN II - Operating Room Main Hospital *$20,000 Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence St. Joseph's Health
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are looking for a Registered Nurse II for the Operating
Room-Main Hospital Department at St. Joseph Hospital Orange.
Location Orange, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Registered Nurse independently uses the nursing process to
safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of
patients. Uses information from a variety of sources, including
Jean Watsons Theory of Human Science and Caring to assess, plan,
implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care.
The Registered Nurse oversees the duties and competencies of the
healthcare team; these include the performance of nursing assistant
duties, clerical, food service, and environmental services duties
as applicable. The Registered Nurse will practice in accordance
with all regulatory, professional, legal, and hospital
- CLINICAL PRACTICE: The practitioner is accountable to recognize
the health and quality of life needs of patients, family and
community and to collaborate with them to achieve mutually agreed
upon goals. The practitioner utilizes his/her specialized skills
and scientific knowledge to design collaborative and integrated
care that binds together all resources in a goal oriented movement
toward health. Components in clinical practice are competence,
evidenced based practice/continuous quality improvement, advanced
practice nursing, and practice standards.
- Utilizes nursing process to perform a comprehensive,
age-specific assessment of patient and family needs.
- Performs a comprehensive patient/family physical assessment on
assigned patients demonstrating the ability to integrate cultural,
psychosocial and spiritual needs of the specific population
- Identifies trends in patients' clinical course, assesses
proactively, when necessary.
- Utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to assessment.
- Serves as a clinical resource in the development of basic
assessment skills interventions.
- Identifies formal teaching needs for specific patients/families
- Identifies teaching goals with patient/family and utilizes
resources to develop complex, interdisciplinary teaching plans.
- Identifies ongoing needs and makes referrals utilizing
- Assures that patients/families have acquired all necessary
skills and referrals for post-hospitalization.
- Utilizes nursing process to develop and revise plan of
- Obtains resources and collaborates with other departments
regarding teaching needs.
- Identifies and selects appropriate patients for patient care
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission and facilitates the
discharge plan based upon the patient's continuing care needs.
- Plans for interventions that minimize complications and
- Participates in interdisciplinary conferences. Implements safe
and therapeutic care for patients.
- Implements plan of care for patients of moderate
- Re-prioritizes as necessary to adapt to changing patient
condition, work environment and patient assignments.
- Responds to individual/cultural differences in patient/family
- Evaluates patient assessment, planning and implementation in
relation to intended goals and progress toward expected
- Involves the interdisciplinary team in evaluating the
patient's/family's progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Utilizes ongoing assessment data to revise the diagnoses,
outcomes, and plan of care as needed.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and the patient's
response in relation to outcomes.
- COLLABORATION: The process whereby the health care team plan
and practice together as colleagues working interdependently within
the boundaries of their scope of practices using shared values and
mutual respect for each others' contribution to care for
individuals, their families and communities. Major elements include
non-hierarchical relationships and intra-inter-professional
- Participates in Shared Governance/Participative Leadership.
- Actively participates in unit/service level committee/task
- Participates with unit manager and fellow associates in
defining, implementing, and evaluating unit goals.
- Promotes changes to meet unit needs.
- Demonstrates awareness of unit/service budget.
- Actively participates in cost effective initiatives, seeks
opportunities to eliminate inappropriate and wasteful use of
- Articulates fundamental unit budgetary principals, such as
equipment charges and staffing ratios.
- Demonstrates awareness of unit and service guidelines related
to staffing and scheduling.
- Follows scheduling guidelines and demonstrates flexibility in
order to meet unit and patient needs.
- CULTURE AND CARING: The central theme of the SJHS practice
model is the caring relationship that exists between the
patient/family and nurse. Caring practices are activities that are
responsive to the uniqueness of the patient/family and that create
a compassionate and therapeutic environment. Holistic practice
addresses physical, emotional, spiritual, cognitive and
developmental needs of patients and families across the life span.
Care for the body, mind and spirit-from birth to final stage of
life-is a desired characteristic of professional practice.
- Competent clinician, provides care in a skilled and effective
manner, utilizing appropriate technical and decision making
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with
patients, patients' families, and ancillary departments.
- Good math skills and basic computer data entry skills.
- Basic clinical skills of unit specific type patients.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to organize and prepare
nursing care plans, implement effective nursing care, and develop
solutions to patient care problems.
- Ability to coordinate and delegate team activities.
- Effective skills in communication, problem solving,
interpersonal relationships, and prioritization.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Preferred: Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Coursework/Training - Graduate of a school of nursing or
enrolled in an accelerated program leading to BSN or MSN
Experience: 1 year RN Operating Room experience OR 1 year nursing
experience with successful completion of an intra-op training
- Current California Registered Nursing License
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Compassion. Dignity. Justice. Excellence. Integrity.
These timeless values form the heart and soul of St. Joseph
Hospital. They are the prime reason that we attract and retain
high-caliber employees who believe in the sanctity of their work in
our faith-based setting.
As a result of this affinity, most of our employees have remained
with us for at least five years. Over 40 percent of our new
employees were either referred by friends or applied to work at St.
Joseph based on our reputation. It is little wonder, then, that
retention rate is significantly higher than the average for
healthcare institutions in our community.
When you take the latest in medical technology and place it in the
hands of highly skilled clinicians, recognition is sure to follow.
In July 2007, 2008 and 2009, St. Joseph Hospital was named one
"America's Best Hospitals" for Orthopedic Care by U. S. News and
World Report. This highly esteem recognition is testimony to our
unique blend medical science and compassionate, values-based
A haven that feels like home.
St. Joseph Hospital offers a unique environment in which healthcare
givers who share a kindred spirit can do important work and grow
both spiritually and professionally. Here, values-based employees
view their jobs not simply as careers but also as callings.
Care to get acquainted? Then we warmly invite you to explore the
many career opportunities offered by St. Joseph Hospital!
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph
Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Company: St. Joseph Hospital Orange
Category: Surgical Services (Intraop)
Req ID: R346040
Keywords: Providence St. Joseph's Health, Long Beach , RN II - Operating Room Main Hospital *$20,000 Hiring Bonus*, Healthcare , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!