Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 8, 2022
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved
seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge
healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors
and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team
that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social
support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through
our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These
values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you'll help
inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of
healthcare and well-being experiences and create the
never-before-seen! The Caregiver / Day Center Personal Care
Assistant (PCA) is responsible for providing safe delivery of
personal care services to participants at the WelbeHealth day
center, as directed. In addition, the PCA is responsible for
supporting the Nutrition, Engagement (Activities), and Home Health
departments as needed, once provided appropriate training. - Duties
- Provide personal care and assistance with ADLs (activities of
daily living) to WelbeHealth participants, including but not
limited to escorting, toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming,
assisting with meals, laundry, etc.
- Measure and document participants' vital signs as
- Assist participants with boarding and exiting from WelbeHealth
transportation vehicles and act as medical escort when
- Observe activity on the day center floor to assure participant
- Assist with meal service, ensuring participants receive the
correct meals and provide support with feeding when indicated.
- Assist participants with safe transfer in and out of their
homes and act as medical escort on vehicles and to medical
appointments as assigned.
- Maintain personal care supplies such as incontinence supplies
and personal grooming
- Provide translation services as needed, if qualified
- Assist Engagement team with participant activities.
- Assist Home Health team as needed.
- Cleans participant areas in the day center between meals and
- Remain alert and update the supervisor or any member of the IDT
promptly of any changes in participants' condition.
- Be legally authorized to practice in position location,
- Only act within the scope of his or her authority to
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required.
- Certification of Home Health Aide (HHA) or Certified Nursing
Assistant in California (CNA) preferred.
- CA Food Handlers Certification within 30 days of hire.
- Valid State Driver's License with a clean DMV record.
- Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required.
- Minimum of one year of experience providing personal care to a
frail or elderly population.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most
vulnerable seniors - COVID-19 Vaccination Policy At WelbeHealth,
our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable
seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination
policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to
employment is required. Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and
Inclusion At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of
our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of
inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran
status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or
characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: WelBeHealth, Long Beach , Caregiver, Healthcare , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!