Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 18, 2022
At WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible for underserved
seniors. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge
healthcare and well-being service products especially for seniors
and their families. Now is your chance to join our talented team
that delivers unparalleled creative healthcare, insurance, social
support and more to seniors. We create senior well-being through
our courage to love, pioneering spirit and shared intention. These
values permeate everything we do. At WelbeHealth, you'll help
inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of
healthcare and well-being experiences and create the
never-before-seen!Under the direction of the Provider and Clinic
Manager, the Center Nurse is responsible for providing clinical
coverage to participants attending the day center in accordance
with their scope of practice, collaborating with the Clinic Team to
facilitate the efficiency of care provided to participants. The
Center Nurse also supports the clinic staff on an as needed by
managing ongoing care, complex clinical situations, assisting with
procedures, and providing clinical support to the rest of the
clinic team to ensure efficient operations of the clinic. The
Center Nurse collaborates effectively with colleagues and
stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and
What you'll do:
- Provide routine and urgent nursing care, along with keeping up
with required documentation ,as well as education and training to
participants in the Day Center, in accordance with their scope of
practice, and as directed by the WelbeHealth provider.
- Route participants to their previously scheduled follow-up
appointments or any urgent same-day visit by a provider.
- Remain observant to perceived changes in participants' physical
or mental health and serve as the primary point of contact for
clinical questions, concerns, or needs as they arise from
participants and families in the Day Center and obtain pertinent
input or updates from other sources and appropriately escalate
questions and concerns to the Clinic Supervisor and/or
- Correctly administer medications to participants in the Day
Center, and when necessary performing tests and treatments as
ordered by the provider.
- Maintaining a healthy and safe Day Center environment.
- Document in Electronic Health Records their assessments and
findings in regard to Day Center participants, communicate and
coordinate the care with other members of the team when
- Document and administer medications to participants in the Day
Center and pre-fill participant medication minders/pill boxes.
- Log communicable disease cases, report case information to
Clinic Supervisor and Medical Director, perform contact tracing as
directed by Medical Director, and ensure proper documentation in
all systems internally and externally.
- Provide backup coverage to other nursing functions.
- Serve as a point of contact for incoming clinic calls and
transfer to appropriate care team member as needed.
- Destroy expired medications in accordance with policy and
update Medication Destruction log.
- Maintain and attend to assigned clinical inboxes and manage and
respond to team member communications and requests.
- Participate in standing Clinic meetings or other attended
meetings and complete action items as assigned.
- Follow up on participant Care Plans tasks and interventions
related to participant clinical interventions in the day center as
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most
Why you'll love working at WelbeHealth:
- WelbeHealth PACE is a truly special model that allows
practitioners to provide care in in a compassionate and
relationship-focused way and you'll be a part of bringing this
exciting program to seniors in the community
- You'll have the opportunity to develop creative solutions for
participants and to practice "person-centered care," empowering and
helping our participants meet their goals
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- Unencumbered LVN License.
- Certifications/Licenses Required: Valid State Driver's License
with a clean DMV record.
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience in a clinical setting
with a frail or elderly population.
- Nursing knowledge and skills necessary to treat frail, elderly
participants and manage complex clinical situations.
- Excellent clinical, organizational and communication skills in
settings with seniors, their families, and interdisciplinary team
- Highly organized to accurately perform numerous tasks for
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and able to execute tasks in a
quickly changing environment and make sound decisions in emergency
COVID-19 Vaccination PolicyAt WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock
the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit,
please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our
employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and InclusionAt WelbeHealth, we
embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're
committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking
employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those
of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by
Keywords: WelBeHealth, Long Beach , Center Nurse, Healthcare , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!