Company: Shoreline Center for Eating Disorder Treatment
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Since 1995, Shoreline Center for Eating Disorder Treatment has
successfully been helping individuals achieve recovery from
anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder for
all genders, ages 13 and over. We offer personalized, compassionate
programs, delivered by highly trained and experienced eating
disorder experts. The Registered Dietitian works collaboratively as
part of a multidisciplinary team and is responsible for the day to
day nutritional management and meal planning for the clients of
- Provides consultation with appropriate SL staff in screening
client applications for the treatment program(s) based on
nutritional status and making appropriate recommendations
- Conducts initial nutritional assessments with each new client,
including diet history, dietary preferences, weights, nutritional
risk and eating disorder behaviors.
- Sets weekly schedules for the clients as it relates to
nutritional needs and will have input into the individual treatment
- Writes orders for meal plans, supplementation, protocols and
special dietary needs.
- Consults with the physicians on an as needed basis to ensure
that the nutritional needs of individual clients are being
- Educates and counsels clients to increase awareness of the
importance of nutritionally balanced diets in achieving good health
and recovery. Formulates an individualized meal plan, nutritional
care plan and set weight goals with each client.
- Adjust nutrition care plans with the clients as needed. The
incumbent will supervise meals/snacks and portioning as deemed
necessary. S/he will provide on-going nutritional consultations to
clients and their families based on individual dietary needs.
- Evaluates and monitors clients' compliance with their meal
planning, provides grocery store education (including grocery store
- Maintains contact with clients' outpatient dietitian to provide
updates on progress and recommendations for discharge.
- Conducts nutrition group, cooking group, and physical activity
groups, as well as, conducting the nutrition talk during Family
Days and conduct individual weekly or twice weekly sessions with
- Responsible for proper documentation and charting and ensure
that all documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Approves menus and snacks for the clients and ensures that the
quality and quantity of food is adequate and works closely with the
dietary care specialist team in meal planning for client including
food preferences and allergens.
- Set up aftercare as it pertains to nutrition.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications related to
Shoreline Mission and population.
Requirements:Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college
or university with major in nutrition/dietetics or a related field;
Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration;
1 year clinical experience with eating disorders strongly
preferred; 1 plus years' experience in health-care setting,
California Certified Dietitian preferred.Position requires
incumbent to have a valid driver's license and vehicle
Shoreline reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this
job description in any way the organization desires. This job
description in no way implies that these are the only duties,
including essential duties, to be performed by the employee
occupying this position. This job description is not an employment
contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains
"At-Will." The aforementioned job requirements are subject to
change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with
Keywords: Shoreline Center for Eating Disorder Treatment, Long Beach , Registered Dietitian, Healthcare , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!