Medical Assistant I
Company: Tarzana Treatment Center
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Title: Medical Assistant Department:
Primary Care Reports To: Primary Care DirectorPOSITION
SUMMARYReports to the Director of Primary Care. Works under the
direct supervision of the Licensed Medical Care Provider.
Responsible for providing basic nursing care to the patients
assigned to the Primary Care Clinic.We offer a competitive benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays (12)
- Paid Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Competitive wages
- Stability and career advancement
- Continuing Education OpportunitiesCATEGORIES OF DUTIES
- Interview, screen and perform health assessments per
- Reports and records observations that reflect the nursing care
given and the patients' progress.
- Assist in formulation of the treatment plan.
- Apply and remove bandages and dressings; apply orthopedic
appliances: immobilizer, envelope slings, orthotics, and similar
devices; remove casts, splints and other external devices; obtain
impressions for orthotics, padding and custom molded shoes; select
and adjust crutches to patient; and instruct patient in proper use
- Perform ophthalmic testing not requiring interpretation by the
medical assistant in order to obtain test results.
- Remove sutures or staples from superficial incisions or
- Perform ear lavage to remove impacted cerumen.
- Collect by non-invasive techniques and preserve specimens for
testing, including urine, sputum, semen and stool.
- Assist patients in ambulation and transfers.
- Prepare patients for and assist the physician, physician
assistant or registered nurse in examinations or procedures
including positioning, draping, shaving and disinfecting treatment
sites; prepare a patient for gait analysis testing.
- As authorized by a physician, provide patient information and
- Collect and record patient data including height, weight,
temperature, pulse, respiration rate and blood pressure, and basic
information about the presenting and previous conditions.
- Perform simple laboratory and screening tests customarily
performed in a medical office.
- Cut nails on otherwise healthy patients.
- Administer first aid and CPR in an emergency.
- Performs front office duties such as answering phones, filing,
scheduling appointments, computer input, patient/public
- Orders medical and clinical supplies and keeps rooms stocked
- All other duties as required by
Supervisor/Administration.EDUCATIONCompletion of a medical
assistant program approved by the State of California. Phlebotomy
certificate helpful.EXPERIENCEThree (3) months to One (1) year
experience working as a medical assistant in a doctor's office,
clinic setting or hospital or completion of internship with Tarzana
Treatment Centers, Inc.SETTINGTarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. is a
non-profit corporation, which provides behavioral healthcare
services, including chemical dependency.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYERTarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. does not discriminate as to
race, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation and
disability in its hiring practices.ADA REQUIREMENTTarzana Treatment
Centers, Inc. supports the American with Disabilities Act.
Discrimination is prohibited in all aspects of employment against
disabled persons, who, with reasonable accommodations, can perform
the essential functions of a job.#SJ2021
Keywords: Tarzana Treatment Center, Long Beach , Medical Assistant I, Healthcare , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!