Company: Ansible Government Solutions
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionOverviewAnsible Government Solutions, LLC
(Ansible) is currently recruiting multiple Medical Assistants to
support the VA Long Beach Healthcare System (VALBHS) located at
5901 East 7th Street, Long Beach, CA 90822. Multiple shift
schedules are available. Over-time hours may be required.
Competitive compensation packages with full benefits are available
to qualified candidates.Medical Assistants are multi-skilled health
professionals who work interdependently with other health care
professionals to provide quality health care to patients. Medical
Assistants are educated and trained to perform both administrative
and clinical skills in the medical care environment. The Medical
Assistants are directly responsible to the Nurse Manager or any
other appointed supervisor in the facility.Ansible Government
Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small
Business (SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in
many arenas. Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in the
fields of national security, health care, and information
technology. To address these challenges, we employ intelligent and
committed staff who take care of our customers' success as if it is
their own.ResponsibilitiesIn any area of assignment within VALBHS,
Medical Assistants provide direct and indirect treatment through
assessing patient status and determining priorities. It also
requires exercising independent judgment, organizational skills,
communication skills, and the ability to utilize an
interdisciplinary approach in the provision of care. Services to be
provided include, but not limited to the following:
- Medical Assistant personnel will be required to have basic
typing and PC computer skills with ability to enter clinical
assessment in an electronic medical record. Documentation and
ordering of patient care will be done electronically on the VISTA
computer system. As a part of the orientation process, personnel
will be required to request and obtain an access code to the VISTA
computer system. At which time, personnel will have access to
- Organizational Relationship: Medical Assistants are subject to
the professional direction of the Chief, or designee.
- Functions: Medical Assistants function within the policies of
VALBHS, Medical Assistant services will be directed to the needs of
- The need for the Medical Assistant is to provide coverage to
the inpatient areas including intensive care unit, direct
observation unit and medical surgical telemetry.
- Provide required Phlebotomy needs to promote the program's
- Perform required Electrocardiograms (ECGs) and any other
support related tests.
- Ensure that the inpatient ward's needs are met in a support
capacity to enhance patient care.
- Comply with the objectives and policies of the hospital.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide
appropriate care in accordance with unit standards.
- May be required to work beyond regularly expected shifts as
needed in various patient care units as assigned by department head
or nursing supervisor to assist in any related task associated with
their skill level.
- Performs basic Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) such as
bathing, turning, dressing etc.
- Transporting patients using electric gurneys.
- Provide up to 1:1 observation for patients that require close
- High School graduate or equivalent
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Basic certification in Phlebotomy procedures, California CPT
license is preferred
- Basic recognition of arrythmia course/certification
- One (1) year of Medical Assistant work experience is
requiredAll candidates must be able to:
- Sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, and reach above
shoulders during the work shift
- Lift up to 50 lbs from floor to waist
- Lift up to 20 lbs
- Carry up to 40 lbs a reasonable distance
- Push/pull with 30 lbs of forcePowered by JazzHRBbVmdf1T5E
Keywords: Ansible Government Solutions, Long Beach , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!