Physical Therapist II, Inpatient Therapy - FT/Days
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 23, 2023
This position provides physical therapy services to adolescent,
adult and geriatric patients in order to facilitate the highest
level of independence and recovery from or adaptation to various
deficits or disabilities through: providing evaluation and
assessment, functional activities, therapeutic exercise,
procedures, education and training. This position will actively
participate in departmental program development and educational
ESSENTIAL JOB OUTCOMES AND FUNCTIONS
- Evaluates adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Develops
individualized treatment plans and patient centered goals. Monitors
and documents patient progress and modifies treatment plan as
- Provides patient treatment and patient / family education for
each assigned patient.
- Schedules and coordinates patient care in collaboration with
- Maintains all required documentation for each patient in
compliance with regulations and expectations of assigned area.
- Supervises therapy assistants with clinical functions and meets
regularly with them to update treatment plans.
- Supervises rehabilitation technicians in their role as care
extenders in the clinical setting.
- Continues to develop individual knowledge base of best
practices, new techniques, technologies and participates in
continuing education activities.
- Participates in continuous departmental quality improvement
- Participates in teaching and mentoring staff members through
the education and peer review process under the direction of the
- Participates in the planning, teaching and evaluation process
of students meeting departmental and university standards.
Pay Range: $47.06/hr. - $68.00/hr.
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including,
but not limited to, relevant years of experience and
qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional
compensation available for this role, including but not limited to,
shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus
opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at
MemorialCare-that includes taking good care of employees and their
dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so
you can select the best choice for your family. And there's more...
Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our
Benefits and Rewards.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Meets population specific competencies at experienced
- Communicates effectively and meets documentation requirements
in a timely manner
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information
- Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal, team building skills in
order to create a harmonious work environment and customer
- Demonstrates critical thinking, good judgment and takes
initiative to assist others in professional growth.
- Provides direct patient care 75% of the time and documents
productivity on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Consistently applies with safety and infection control policies
and procedures and other applicable policies.
- Participates in quality improvement, departmental specific
education activities and staff meetings.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking skills and knowledge to
make recommendations for Rehab Therapies across the continuum of
Minimum Requirements / Work experience
Minimum 1 year experience. Has demonstrated interest, aptitude, and
skill in the areas of student program, clinical education, and
Monday through Friday, 10:30am-7:00pm
Weekend requirements to be discussed with Rehab Manager
Education / Licensure / Certification
Masters or advanced degree in Physical Therapy from approved
program. Licensed physical therapist in the State of California.
BLS certification from the American Heart Association.
Keywords: MemorialCare, Long Beach , Physical Therapist II, Inpatient Therapy - FT/Days, Healthcare , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!