Clinical Laboratory Scientist 23-00073
Company: Alura Workforce Solutions
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Chemistry
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist assists in the operation of a
laboratory by performing specialized tasks involving medical
laboratory testing. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist also performs
and reports results, proof tests and assumes responsibility for
- Performs procedures which include calibrating of instruments,
assessing accuracy of equipment, determining accuracy of tests,
ensuring they are reproducible; responsible for quality
- Reads test results and examines and interprets outcome to
identify departures from "norms." Activities may include
hematological, biochemical, serological and microbiologic tests, as
well as preparing/dispensing blood products.
- Develops recording systems to assure necessary controls in each
step of procedure and proper documentation.
- Responsibilities include simple maintenance and adjustment of
equipment and making up more difficult reagents.
- Assists in training and orientation of new
- Directs non-licensed laboratory personnel in accordance with
current State of California business and professional
- Accurately communicates test results to appropriate clinical
- 1+ year of training as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Previous Generalist experience is preferred.
- Previous work experience as a licensed CLS and ASCP
- Bachelor's degree in a science discipline.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Limited Specialty License by
the State of California required.
Nights- 11:30pm- 7am
($4.00/hr Shift Differential) -
Keywords: Alura Workforce Solutions, Long Beach , Clinical Laboratory Scientist 23-00073, Healthcare , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!