Director of Inside Sales and Customer Service
Company: Rubbercraft, part of Integrated Polymer Solutions
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: June 20, 2022
About Us: The IPS portfolio of market-leading brands provides
world-class advanced materials from eight facilities across the US
and the UK. Our primary business streams include engineered
elastomers, signature materials and biomedical solutions. Led by
experienced executives, each brand serves specific needs, but all
share a culture of superior execution and customer service. We have
market-leading positions in critical and challenging market sectors
that help enable the future with innovative, safe and sustainable
solutions. We collaborate with our customers to meet the future
demands of a rapidly evolving world by providing best-in-class
solutions.Job Overview:Lead Inside Sales department activities to
ensure a positive customer experience, and active contribution to
continuous improvement activities.Ensure all sales and bookings
targets are met. Manage both the Pre-Order and Post-Order teams to
ensure a great customer experience. Ensure you and your team
actively participate with the OSR's in the strategy, growth, and
management of all territories.As Our Director of Inside Sales, You
- Roll out weekly customer Tail touch plans and report
- Manage the company's backlog, ensure that data is 100% accurate
and available daily
- Actively participate in a weekly SIOP meeting.
- Lead sales operations activity within the MRP implementation
team. Ensure all orders are entered daily.
- Ensure the team collaborates and strategize with OSR's
regarding quotes, proposals, pricing, customer visits to
- Ensure all quotes and proposals are followed up on until they
are booked or dead.
- Prepare for and actively participate in stage gate meetings.
Ensure the process is followed.
- Participate and lead in all aspects of the estimating and quote
proposal activity of the business.
- Ensure quote qualification forms are complete and accurate when
quotes are submitted.
- Manage and communicate key department performance metrics.
- Develop leading metrics to track sales operations and customer
- Ensure effective department utilization of company systems
including MRP, CRM, Phone, etc.
- Identify, develop, launch and own new processes to increase the
efficiency of the departments, i.e. quote tracking and close rates,
quote to order duplication.
- Develop and maintain a world-class proposal process for long
term agreements and contracts.
- Review contracts and propose any changes or additions to
- Assess and effectively address inside sales, estimating,
customer service and administration departments for gaps between
skills and meeting our customer needs and business strategic
- Ensure historical Repeat Purchase gross margins are maintained
and First Purchase gross margins are estimated per policy.
- Ensure the annual price increases are launched and captured on
time. Report performance on in a weekly metric.
- Ensure all quotes/proposals are comprehensive, accurate, and
delivered to the customer on time. Ensure effective quote activity
communications to sales teams and customers.
- Present quote/proposals to leadership for approval as
- Collaborate with Field Sales and Engineering in support of
design & build opportunities.
- Effectively interact and collaborate with Operations,
Engineering and Program Management to ensure Rubbercraft is
offering the best solution for the application and market needs and
achieving quality and delivery requirements.
- Manage the reconciliation of estimates costs vs. actual
- Actively participate in customer meetings and visits and ensure
the visits are coordinated throughout the business.
- Ensure ITAR compliance is maintained.
- Work with IPS companies to identify synergistic opportunities
to improve customer experience and/or drive continuous
- Develop and own the pricing strategy at Rubbercraft, working
with the Product Line Directors
- Provide leadership to the estimating team.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 8+ plus years in a technical sales role in a manufacturing
environment with a high-low volume mix. Aerospace & Defense and
Polymers experience a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in a sales
organization with a demonstrated positive track record of people
development and change management.
- 8+ plus years' experience managing department financials and
- 10 plus years' experience maintaining and working in an
- Very strong knowledge of the RFQ, proposal, estimating, &
selling process into the Aerospace & Defense markets.
- Understanding of commercial contracts, ability to negotiate to
meet the company's objectives.
- Technically sound with the ability to read component drawings
and interact effectively with engineers.
- Knowledge of Kaizen and Lean/Six Sigma
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with a strong
knowledge of contracts.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft's Excel,
PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong understanding of MRP systems; experience with Great
- Thorough follow-through and attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a deadline-oriented environment and
- Maintain working knowledge of company products and
servicesLocation: Very close to the Long Beach Airport. IPS
recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of
race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age,
veteran status, and other protected status as required by
applicable law. At IPS, we have a clear vision: to be the place
where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their
best work. We pride ourselves on providing best-in-class solutions
to our customers around the world; our company runs on the hard
work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.IPS'
dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion
is clearly reflected in our organization. Diversity is more than a
commitment at IPS-it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully
focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race,
gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin
and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us
different.We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing
equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates
regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information,
protected veteran's status, or other legally protected
classification in the state or locality in which a person is
Keywords: Rubbercraft, part of Integrated Polymer Solutions, Long Beach , Director of Inside Sales and Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!