Company: Westin Long Beach
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets
including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu.
Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets
through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague.
Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate
asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative
revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages
of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development
through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the
creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and
utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that
identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out
performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team
consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel
management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Situated across the street from the Long Beach Convention Center
and just two blocks from the beach, the Westin Long Beach has
something to offer both business and leisure travelers alike. This
474-room hotel is also ideal for groups and weddings, with 37,000
square feet of meeting space, 31 suites, and a stunning garden
terrace perfect for "I Dos". And with the Westin's central
location, guests are within walking distance of the Aquarium of the
Pacific and the Catalina Express, and are just two miles from the
The Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on
standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service, Employee
Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to
produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also
responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in
the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing
cost/production ratio. Breakfast experience preferred.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the
opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served
promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy
and meat products.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper
handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications
on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified
by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation
of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment
properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury
to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel's standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards
to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen
- Maintain a "Clean As You Go" policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
Keywords: Westin Long Beach, Long Beach , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!