Senior HR Business Partner (Long Beach/Orange County)
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 8, 2021
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:Responsible for performing a variety of
complex and analytical tasks related to teammate and management
relations by interpreting, recommending and administering
Healthcare Partners (HCP) and People Services (PS) policies and
procedures to promote positive teammate relations within the
organization and minimize risk to the company. Assist with
developing PS policies, procedures and processes for HCP national
PS organization.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Acts as the primary point of service for teammates and
management and provides human resources support, advice, counsel
and consulting for designated client groups.
- Works closely with management and teammates to improve work
relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
and mentors managers and supervisors to enhance their performance
management, teammate communications and management skills.
- Attends client meetings and provides PS updates and
communicates new or updated policies, procedures or programs.
- Manages and resolves complex teammate relations issues by
conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations,
documents investigations, analyses and writes comprehensive fact
finding reports on teammate relations issues for review by
- Interprets and applies policies and procedures, past practices
and applicable federal and state laws and regulations to decisions
impacting employer-teammate relations and makes action plan
recommendations to management.
- Mentors and provides guidance and assistance to other members
of the People Services team.
- Administers policies and procedures pertaining to teammate
relations practices including but not limited to, leaves of
absence, terminations, performance management, payroll
notifications, workforce reductions and site relocations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
daily management of teammates, reducing legal risks and ensuring
- Prepares training materials and facilitates workshops to orient
new managers and supervisors on policies and procedures (e.g.,
Performance Management, FMLA/CRFA, legal compliance, etc.).
- Manages the interactive process for employees returning from
LOA requesting reasonable accommodations under the ADA.
- Works with management on teammate Performance Improvement Plans
(PIP), obtains approval from and provides feedback to management
team regarding PIP and annual performance assessments for
- Attends EDD unemployment hearings, along with HealthCare
Partners' third party Administrator.
- Prepares responses to claims filed with state and federal
regulatory agencies (e.g., DFEH, EEOC, Labor Board, etc.) for
review by management team by gathering documents required for
discovery in employment litigation matters at the request of the
management team and outside legal counsel.
- Responds to teammate requests for routine information on
company benefit programs.
- Reviews HRIS reports to measure and evaluate exit interviews
and voluntary and involuntary turnover data.
- Recommends new processes and procedures within function to
promote department efficiencies and realize cost savings.
- Updates or develops policies as needed and recommends updates
for teammate handbook.
- Implements company-wide programs as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and/or a
professional certification requiring formal education beyond a
two-year college or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree in a related field preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification
- 5+ years human resources experience.Preferred:
- 7 or more years of human resources experience.
- 5 or more years of progressive healthcare experience.KNOWLEDGE,
- Computer literate.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state employee law
compliance and EEO regulations and working knowledge of applicable
federal, state and benefit employment laws and regulations.
- Excellent research and organizational skills.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills with
ability to handle multiple clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Must be able work independently and to deal with ambiguity and
cope with change.
- Must be capable of presenting ideas and programs as well as
problem resolutions to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and translate business
strategies into actionable plans.
- Strong consultative skills with ability to reach a successful
conclusion when the desires and needs of individual clients and
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to
gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.Careers with
Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one
giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum,
part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings
together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on
where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest
potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams
against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find
incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular
opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM)Diversity creates a
healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices
are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its
affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates
are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Long Beach , Senior HR Business Partner (Long Beach/Orange County), Human Resources , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!