Sr HR Business Partner
Company: Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: January 8, 2021
OverviewProvides assistance to business unit functional area on
difficult or complex matters which may include, employment and
personnel documentation, compensation, and benefits. Acts as a
liaison between business units, all levels of staff management,
compensation, benefits, payroll, legal counsel, and outside service
- Provides guidance on employee relations issues; trains, coaches
and counsels managers on policies, procedures and the corrective
- Zone's point of contact for issue resolution and facilitation
in the areas of employee relations, performance management, salary
administration, benefit inquiries and employee discipline.
- Conducts investigations of internal complaints of
discrimination, ethics violations, unfair practices, fraud and
theft. Prepares formal reports of findings and recommendations for
the review of the Zone Director.
- Collaborates with management to resolve employee relations
issues including those involving legal counsel.
- Acts as liaison to other divisions to avoid any conflicts or
misunderstanding and ensure implemented Plans and Programs are
effective and running smoothly.
- Conducts exit interviews when necessary.
- Provides guidance to employees and management regarding the
application and understanding of FMLA, ADA, Title VII, FLSA, Equal
Pay, ADEA, etc.
- Interprets various federal, state, and local laws to ensure
compliance. Provides counsel to senior management regarding pay
decisions, policy and guideline interpretation.
- Collaborates with Managers and Compensation to collect job
data/specifications to aid in the revision and/or development of
role profiles and/or career paths.
- Develops, prepares and conducts training sessions; analyzes
results and provides input related to current and projected
training and management development requirements.
- Analyzes HR data for reporting purposes such as headcount,
hires, terminations, reductions in force, turnover, etc.
- Tracks employment and HR trends.
- Researches and analyzes internal employee data to determine
appropriate salary adjustments for transfers, promotions/demotions,
- Partners with business units to determine appropriate salary
adjustments based on research. Provides guidance when
- Provides guidance to business units regarding the communication
of salary changes.
- Responsible for confirming and processing organizational
changes/restructurings consistent with promotions, transfers, etc.
as well as major company re-organizations that are usually
confidential in nature.
- Responsible for developing and implementing effective employee
relations, development, retention, and reward programs.
- Understands business goals and recommends new approaches,
policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in
business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the
- May provide guidance to Business Partner and Associate level
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required, Degree in Human
Resources or related field preferred
- Master's degree preferred
- 5-7 relevant experience as an HR Representative, Recruiter, or
- Advanced organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a
positive work environment.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the
- Must be comfortable working in an environment which demands
strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and
drive appropriate solutions.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process
- May require up to 20% National travel including overnight stays
(valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary),
may vary based on need.Company OverviewAbout our Company - Canon
Solutions America provides industry leading enterprise, production,
and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional
professional service offerings. With the technology offerings of
the Canon and Oc-- brands, Canon Solutions America helps companies
of all sizes find ways to: improve sustainability, increase
efficiency, and control costs in conjunction with high volume,
continuous feed, digital and traditional printing, and document
management solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A.,
Inc., Canon Solutions America is headquartered in Melville, N.Y.
and has sales and service locations across the U.S.Canon Solutions
America offers a competitive compensation package including
medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, profit sharing,
success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs,
vacation, and much more.We are an EEO/AA employer.
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.If
you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site
csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this
posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at
csa.canon.com/careers.#CSAPosting Tags#LI-TC1 #PM20
Keywords: Canon Solutions America, Inc., Long Beach , Sr HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!