HR GENERALIST - Long Beach, CA
Company: Compass Group Poland Sp. z o.o.
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: April 8, 2021
-- COVID-19 PRE-SCREEN PRIVACY NOTICE: This notification relates
to the possible collection of Personal Information upon entry to
any Compass Group facility for the purposes of protecting our
associates and customers from the risk/spread of COVID-19. This
collection might include medical and health information,
specifically your body temperature and whether you have or display
certain symptoms of COVID-19, whether you have recently been in
contact with anyone with symptoms of or who has tested positive for
COVID-19, and whether you have recently traveled to area subject to
Travel Advisory by the U.S. State Department. The Company will
maintain this information under conditions of confidentiality. HR
GENERALIST - Long Beach, CA Morrison Healthcare--is a leading
national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated
to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems.
Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and caf--s feature
socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences.
The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices-- wellness and
sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and
an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption.
Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's
(PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41
million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison
has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to
Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training
Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive
years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than
1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000
professional food service team members. Job Summary Job Summary:
Working as a HR Manager, you will support numerous Human Resource
functions to meet strategic, tactical and administrative Human
Resource objectives.--You must be able to communicate effectively
with Senior Management and across various support departments. Your
knowledge of employee relations and your strong analytical ability
will be used to support HR initiatives.-- Key Responsibilities:
- Ensures all Company HR related policies are applied
- Objectively coaches associates and management through complex
and difficult issues. Provides guidance to management on
appropriate disciplinary action. Assists with on-site
- Oversees MyOpportunity for hourly recruitment and
- Maintains and coordinates associate recognition programs.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Regularly runs and/or reviews HR activity reports.
- Supports internal customer survey and associate engagement
survey interpretation/feedback process.
- Attends department manager meetings to increase HR visibility,
conducts classroom training, provides assistance and implements HR
- Reviews any request for pay increases or other status changes
to ensure internal equity and consistency. Processes status change
- Prepares, coordinates and presents HR related topics and other
HR related training.
- Acts as the diversity champion by leading assigned tasks and
corporate diversity activities including diversity recruiting,
retention and promotion goals.--
- Assists in the creation of Personal Development Plans, as
appropriate, for associates.
- Participates in the Annual Performance Appraisal process.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required; Master's
- PHR or SPHR designation strongly preferred.
- Three plus years human resources generalist experience
required; management experience a plus.
- HR experience at a large, multi-unit organization
- Previous experience as part of a centralized HR environment,
preferably in a corporate setting.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills;
advanced skills preferred.
- Content-knowledge regarding employment law,
- Experience in defining problems, collecting data, establishing
facts and drawing valid conclusions
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business
community. Apply to Morrison Healthcare today! Morrison Healthcare
is a member of Compass Group USA Compass Group is an equal
opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all
Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities,
achievements, and experience without regard to race, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance) Associates at Morrison Healthcare
are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) Michael Gremba -- SALARIED
Nearest Major Market: Long Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Equity, Food Service, Finance, Hospitality
Keywords: Compass Group Poland Sp. z o.o., Long Beach , HR GENERALIST - Long Beach, CA, Human Resources , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!