Human Resource Generalist - Cannabis
Company: Cannabis Consulting Group
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Summary: Our client, a vertically integrated California
based cannabis company, is seeking an HR Generalist to join their
team. The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of
the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and
interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and
enforcing company policies and practices.Job Duties:
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education, and performance
assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment
training, professional licensure, and recurring certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified
job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental
managers to understand skills and competencies required for
- Utilizes company tools to conduct background checks and
employee eligibility verifications. Implements new hire orientation
and assists Employee Engagement Committee with employee recognition
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human
resource programs including but not limited to compensation,
benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and
training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants,
employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive
matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to
handle assigned responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Workspace
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organization's HRIS, payroll administration and talent management
systems.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field preferred.
- At least two years of human resource generalist experience
- SHRM-CP a plus.Cannabis Consulting Group provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.Job
Type: Full-timePay: $23.00 - $25.00 per hourBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayExperience:
- Human Resources: 1 year (Required)Work Location: One
Keywords: Cannabis Consulting Group, Long Beach , Human Resource Generalist - Cannabis, Human Resources , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!