Human Resources Manager
Company: Westin Long Beach
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Situated across the street from the Long Beach Convention Center
and just two blocks from the beach, the Westin Long Beach has
something to offer both business and leisure travelers alike. This
474-room hotel is also ideal for groups and weddings, with 37,000
square feet of meeting space, 31 suites, and a stunning garden
terrace perfect for "I Dos". And with the Westin's central
location, guests are within walking distance of the Aquarium of the
Pacific and the Catalina Express, and are just two miles from the
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for assisting the
Director of Human Resources with a variety of Human Resources
functions. He/she is also responsible for filling all hourly
positions in a timely manner, accurate and timely completion of
paperwork, the understanding and enforcement of company policies,
and assisting with benefits and workmen's compensation duties.
- Administer insurance benefits, calculate billing totals, explain
benefits, assist with completion of enrollment forms, and answer
- Compile review list and distribute to departments.
- Compile Turnover Report, copy and distribute.
- Enter payroll information on computer (wage information,
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment
- Maintain new hire, termination, transfer and promotion
- Audit hours worked in payroll reports for eligibility of
- Compile wage surveys.
- Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
- Monitor Workman's Compensation claims, complete First Report of
Injury and Employers Report of Industrial Injury.
- Answer questions regarding 401K Plan, vacation and benefits
(insured and noninsured).
- Maintain complimentary room night log, process employee
- Prepare and place recruitment advertising.
- Process paperwork for terminating employees.
- Maintain advertising logbook.
- Become certified trainer in all Human Resources training
- Ensure compliance with all HR and related Loss Prevention
- Participate in Highgate Hotel Enrichment Committee.
- Schedule Highgate Hotel Orientation.
- Assist in Highgate Hotel Orientation - explain benefits, conduct
tour of property.
- Write articles and take pictures for property newsletter.
- Assist with special projects; plan employee events (meetings,
- Coordinate Travel Reduction Program, write Travel Reduction Plan,
conduct yearly transportation survey.
- Maintain First Aid log.
Keywords: Westin Long Beach, Long Beach , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!