Company: Westin Long Beach
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets
including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with
a rapidly expanding presence in Europe, Latin America, and the
Caribbean. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an
aggregate asset value exceeding $20B and generates over $5B in
cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through
all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and
development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also
has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands
and utilizes industry-leading proprietary revenue management tools
that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out
performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team
consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel
management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top
ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains
corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Situated across the street from the Long Beach Convention Center
and just two blocks from the beach, the Westin Long Beach has
something to offer both business and leisure travelers alike. This
474-room hotel is also ideal for groups and weddings, with 37,000
square feet of meeting space, 31 suites, and a stunning garden
terrace perfect for "I Dos". And with the Westin's central
location, guests are within walking distance of the Aquarium of the
Pacific and the Catalina Express, and are just two miles from the
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for assisting the
Director of Human Resources with a variety of Human Resources
functions. He/she is also responsible for filling all hourly
positions in a timely manner, accurate and timely completion of
paperwork, the understanding and enforcement of company policies,
and assisting with benefits and workmen's compensation duties.
- Administer insurance benefits, calculate billing totals, explain
benefits, assist with completion of enrollment forms, and answer
- Compile review list and distribute to departments.
- Compile Turnover Report, copy and distribute.
- Enter payroll information on computer (wage information,
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment
- Maintain new hire, termination, transfer and promotion
- Audit hours worked in payroll reports for eligibility of
- Compile wage surveys.
- Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
- Monitor Workman's Compensation claims, complete First Report of
Injury and Employers Report of Industrial Injury.
- Answer questions regarding 401K Plan, vacation and benefits
(insured and noninsured).
- Maintain complimentary room night log, process employee
- Prepare and place recruitment advertising.
- Process paperwork for terminating employees.
- Maintain advertising logbook.
- Become certified trainer in all Human Resources training
- Ensure compliance with all HR and related Loss Prevention
- Participate in Highgate Hotel Enrichment Committee.
- Schedule Highgate Hotel Orientation.
- Assist in Highgate Hotel Orientation - explain benefits, conduct
tour of property.
- Write articles and take pictures for property newsletter.
- Assist with special projects; plan employee events (meetings,
- Coordinate Travel Reduction Program, write Travel Reduction Plan,
conduct yearly transportation survey.
- Maintain First Aid log.
Keywords: Westin Long Beach, Long Beach , HR Manager, Human Resources , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!