IT Technology Analyst II - 2nd Shift
Company: Ports America, Inc.
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: February 22, 2021
The ideal candidate should have a strong passion for technology
and have experience with the fast-paced container terminal
environment. The candidate will work out of the Port of LA complex
during 2nd shift hours with occasional travel to remote terminals
ranging from Oxnard to San Diego.
- Maintain all local IT infrastructure including switches,
routers, servers, wired/wireless infrastructure, VOIP hardware,
custom hardware solutions, etc.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all local IT components specific to
the business including PCs, Printers, TOS, GOS, OCR, GPS, RFID
- Ensure that the facilities equipment, such as UPS and A/C, are
- Remotely administrate over Microsoft based systems.
- Ensure all IT systems remain properly updated.
- Aid end users' technical and operational issues.
- Interface with various vendors in the implementation and
troubleshooting of their specific equipment.
- Coordinate and schedule IT projects locally to minimize impact
to the business.
- Create new and update existing IT documentation.
- Track and maintain all local IT assets.
- Searching for innovative improvements to existing
- Respond to and resolve automated alerts that may require onsite
- Comply with Corporate Safety and IT policies and procedures.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Certifications):
- Minimum of three years' experience with desktop,
infrastructure, network, and software support.
- Experience with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and Windows server
- Experience in supporting Apple and Android mobile devices
- Wired and wireless networking troubleshooting experience
- Valid driver's license and ability to have and hold TWIC
- Certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, VCTA is a plus.
- SQL experience is a plus Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up.
- Ability to work independently.
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.--
- Ability to develop analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel up to support remote sites.
- Ability to function in under-way construction sites,
occasionally lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs., climb
stairs in buildings that are not elevator equipped and to work on
projects that require after hours support.
- This position is located in an office environment requiring the
use of a keyboard, mouse and video display.
- Requires movement around the marine terminal(s)
- Be able to move and rack/unrack servers (approximately 150
lbs.) and related hardware with assistance.
Keywords: Ports America, Inc., Long Beach , IT Technology Analyst II - 2nd Shift, IT / Software / Systems , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!