Technical Illustrator ( Remote )
Location: Long Beach
Posted on: May 16, 2022
In our 'always on' world, we believe it's essential to have a
genuine connection with the work you do.If you wish to be a part of
a team dedicated to delivering industry-leading performance through
outstanding talent, and a culture of innovation and collaboration,
then this is an opportunity you won't want to miss!CommScope is
looking to add a Remote Senior Technical Illustrator to our RUCKUS
team.How You'll Help Us Connect the WorldThis role will be
instrumental in analyzing the requirements and developing content
for products serving the converged wired and wireless enterprise
networks. Being a member of a worldwide customer support
organization, you will have an opportunity to work in a world class
organization, offering you an unparalleled opportunity for mobility
across segments, technologies, and functional teams/areas. This
provides an excellent opportunity to participate in development of
software for the enterprise and cloud products. We are best
positioned to innovate and revolutionize connecting industry
leading applications to information in public & private cloud
virtual and physical network environments. You will get to
understand the "big picture" and contribute towards helping develop
and deliver the next generation documentation for new products and
features.More specifically, as a Senior Technical Illustrator, you
- Conceptualize, design, and create illustrations to convey
fundamental concepts and mechanical functionality of various
- Produce illustrations for installation, configuration,
management, monitoring, troubleshooting, and other product
- Create, obtain, and edit graphics, illustrations, screenshots,
- Work with a content management system to maintain a library of
figures and illustrations.
- Research and use reference materials of the subjects of images
to create, edit, and update illustrations.
- Complete illustration assignments in a timely manner in
conjunction with the document development process.
- Create draft illustrations for review and approval.
- Edit existing illustrations to make corrections or updates as
- Write and edit technical illustration processes and
- Work with technical writers, software developers, architects,
product managers, and other domain experts to produce intuitive and
easy-to-understand illustrations that capture product conceptual
and mechanical functionality.
- Collaborate with geographically diverse multi-functional teams
and other members of the technical content team to ensure
consistency in illustrations and illustration styling.Required
Qualifications for Consideration
- Associate degree in a related discipline
- Five or more years of strong experience developing technical
illustrations for software and/or hardware products.
- PC proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Illustrator,
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier, and Adobe After Effects) to create,
edit, and update illustrations.
- Experience with Adobe products for post-production of
short-length digital media.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to work with
geographically diverse multi-functional team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an
emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to grasp new technologies.You Will Excite Us If You
- Proven expertise in developing and maintaining illustrations
for networking products.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the
ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience working with worldwide documentation teams.
- Experience with content management systems.What happens after
you apply?Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our
hiring process by visiting
https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hireOur dynamic work
environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring
people who strive to build what's next. We provide our employees
with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing
and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the
value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating
better solutions.Perks & Benefits: The candidate will be rewarded
with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation,
medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death
insurance, a 401(k) plan, and participation in the Company's Annual
Salary Range: $98k- $128k/ annualyWhy CommScope:CommScope is on a
quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and
learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications
technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the
Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere.
With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless
infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today
and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.If you want to grow your
career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive
to create what's next---..come connect to your future at
CommScope.CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO),
including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking
an accommodation for the application or interview process, please
contact us to submit your request at
email@example.com. You can also learn more about
CommScope's accommodation process and EEO policy at
Keywords: CommScope, Long Beach , Technical Illustrator ( Remote ), IT / Software / Systems , Long Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!