The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very
important to us. Due to the current situation related to
the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital
capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent.
As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of
our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If
so, one of our colleagues will explain how these tools will be
used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to
answer any questions you might have.
AVP, Strategy & Capture (Medicaid Proposals) Long Beach,
California, Wisconsin, Ohio, Florida, Washington, New Mexico,
Illinois, Texas, Kentucky Job ID 2003882
The AVP, Strategy & Capture is responsible for leading the
Strategy & Capture team, which is part of the Proposal Development
Team. Manages all capture planning activities in support of
Business Development activities targeting new markets, existing
health plan contract re-procurements, and overall RFP/RFI/RFA
proposal development, from pursuit to award. Works across the
organization to develop specific response-focused, technically
accurate content that enhances overall proposal quality and
improves bid win probability. Works as a liaison between the
Business Development and Proposal Development teams on new business
• Executes the Capture team's strategic and tactical plan by
working closely with the health plan & the AVP of proposal
• Responsible for supporting and documenting the capture
strategy for new business by working closely with business
development and the AVP of proposal development.
• Accountable for the Capture Team's process and
• Partners with Plan Presidents to share enterprise-wide
operational best practices pre-proposal.
• Escalates product development/solution development needs to
• Performs consistent follow up on issues and opportunities
• Leads resource planning for capture management efforts.
• Manages budget for capture efforts.
• Leads Capture Directors and Capture Managers.
• Stay abreast of professional developments and industry
Graduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and
• At least 7+ years of experience in strategic management
consulting with healthcare experience.
• Strong demonstrated strategic thinking, interpersonal skills,
and the ability to influence and lead a team.
• Strong negotiation skills to internal and external
• Strong quantitative aptitude and commercial acumen.
• Strategy experience and ability to frame strategic challenges
with research and synthesis and draw out solutions and create
• Prior healthcare experience.
• Strong project management skills and ability to handle
multiple, competing priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including
ability to effectively collaborate with business unit leaders,
subject matter experts, and external resources.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Masters of Public
10+ years of proposal management or applicable experience.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
Project Manager or Proposal Management certification.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in
applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation
package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Sign up to receive automatic notices when jobs that match your
interests are posted.