Job Description - Director, Data Governance (Cloud based Data
Director, Data Governance (Cloud based Data Lake) - ( 2003574
Primary Location : US-CA-Long Beach-MOLINA200
Job : Accounting & Finance
Organization : Corporate
Job Posting : Aug 19, 2020, 12:00:17 AM
Additional Information : To learn more about Molina Healthcare
Careers, follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter
& Facebook . You can also visit Molina Cares to view
interactive tutorials on resume & cover letter writing,
interviewing and more!
The Director of Data Governance will build and execute the
enterprise data governance strategy and roadmap in alignment with
the company's vision. This role is within the company's Enterprise
Information Management (EIM) organization and reports directly to
the VP of Enterprise Data Platform and Data Governance.
• Managing and leading cross-functional teams throughout
large-scale transformation initiatives related to data
• Defining and executing the data governance organization's
target operating model in accordance with industry best
• Designing and implementing data organization governance
(steering committee, data councils, etc.); identifying roles (e.g.
data owners, stewards, etc.) and defining responsibilities
• Designing and implementing enterprise data governance
standards, guidelines, and policies (e.g. master data, metadata,
reference data, data collection, data quality, data lineage
• Overseeing the creation, maintenance, and support of data
governance solutions; engaging vendors and driving data governance
tool selection initiatives as needed
• Establishing data governance metrics and KPIs; communicating
the business value of data governance to key stakeholders
• Building support across the business and IT organizations;
serving as a liaison to other disciplines and programs
The above statements reflect the general details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as
identified, and shall not be considered as a comprehensive
description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, data analytics,
information technology, or similar field.
• 10+ years of related data governance experience.
• Master's or other Graduate degree.
• 12+ years of management experience with demonstrated
experience in strategic planning and implementation.
• Deep healthcare industry expertise with extensive knowledge of
industry best practices.
• Proven history of executing change management and building
credibility with key stakeholders to drive organizational
• Strong critical-thinking and strategic leadership abilities to
achieve ambitious business objectives and goals.
• Highly-skilled in planning and delivering multiple critical,
• Excellent interpersonal skills to foster relationships across
• Ability to effectively communicate data governance concepts
and principles to non-technical constituents.
• Extensive data management and analytics experience.
• Experience with Data Lake is desirable.
Experience with Informatica Data Governance Tool.
Preferred License, Certification, Association
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in
applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation
package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)