Location: US-CA-Long Beach
Requisition ID: 24038
Category: Sales/Business Development
Position Type: Full-Time
Provides professional leadership and coordination of penetrating
targeted Strategic Accounts, while maintaining their own sales
responsibilties. Plans, organizes, leads and controls new business
sales activity and growth.
Business Development Tactical
- Identifies and develops plans to introduce the department into
new business opportunities.
- Sets clear goals and allows deadlines to be met in a timely
- Develops (self/as well as with the reps) leads for new
business opportunities and creates client contacts by researching
databases as well as cold calling.
- Develops and executes weekly sales plans; identify high
potential accounts; fact-finding.
- Develops selling strategies; maintains after-sale customer
- Trains, develops, and coaches current and new sales
representatives to success.
- Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from sales
activities (Co-Activity/Manager Rep).
- Assists in training and development.
- Works with division Strategic Markets to create
Marketing/content materials and strategy, as well as identify
- New market share is gained through strategic prospecting and
ability to meet customer requirements by utilizing all resources
- Advocates "Conversations With Strangers" meetings.
- Generates and delivers sales reports to Directors on a weekly
- Works toward quarterly sales activities established by
- Responsible for interviewing, conducting performance reviews,
monthly plan and reviews, submitting accurate forecasts and ride
days with representatives.
- Maintains proficiency in product and promotional
- Maintains and manages all assigned company assets (i.e.,
pager, laptop, promo book, etc.).
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
required, plus 7 years of related experience and management of
typically two or more regular full-time employees (one of whom must
- Requires a significant amount of travel (valid driver's
license and acceptable driving record necessary).
About our Company - Canon Solutions America provides industry
leading enterprise, production, and large format printing
solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings.
With the technology offerings of the Canon and Oc brands, Canon
Solutions America helps companies of all sizes find ways to:
improve sustainability, increase efficiency, and control costs in
conjunction with high volume, continuous feed, digital and
traditional printing, and document management solutions. A wholly
owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., Canon Solutions America is
headquartered in Melville, N.Y. and has sales and service locations
across the U.S.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation
package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan,
profit sharing, success sharing, educational assistance,
recognition programs, vacation, and much more.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site
csa.canon.com/careers , we cannot guarantee the validity of this
posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at